Infrared's Who Am I?

infrared41

1. I played in four Super Bowls and I have three Super Bowl rings.

2. Every team I played against in a Super Bowl has also won a Super Bowl.

3. I made four Super Bowl appearances in six seasons.

4. I am a five time pro bowler and I made an "all-decade" team in my career.

5. I am a Hall of Famer.

Who am I?

Bonus: I was involved in a Super Bowl "first." What was it?

BB52Big.jpg

I'll take a shot -- Herb Adderley?

BONUS -- I scored the first defensive TD in Super Bowl history?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I'll take a shot -- Herb Adderley?

BONUS -- I scored the first defensive TD in Super Bowl history?

Herb Adderley it is. And I thought that would be a tough one.

herbadderley.jpg

Herb played in four of the first six Super Bowls. (I, II, V, VI. Two with the Packers. Two with the Cowboys.)

He scored the first defensive TD in Super Bowl history in Super Bowl II against the Chiefs.

All of the teams he played against and beat in the Super Bowl ended up winning a Super Bowl (Chiefs SB IV, Raiders SB XI, Dolphins SB VII.)

Named to the 60's All Decade team. One of only three players to play on 6 NFL Championship teams.

Herb once said "I'm the only man with a Dallas Cowboys Super Bowl ring who doesn't wear it. I'm a Green Bay Packer."

And how great does that uniform look? That's what an NFL player should look like.

BB52Big.jpg

It actually was pretty tough. I was thinking Roger Staubach at first, but I didn't remember him being an "All Decade" player and couldn't think of a SIX year period with 4 Super Bowls (there was a EIGHT year period -- VI, X, XII, XIII -- with 2 wins). Then, out of the blue, Herb Adderley came to mind.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived