New Jersey Devils Alternate Concept

bcdevil

Ok, this is my first logo concept of any kind. I did a crude fantasy baseball logo last year but it was more of a cut/paste type deal. I don't necessarily think that the Devils need a shoulder patch, but I decided to try to come up with one anyway. I have tried several things and have hit a wall (pun intended, see below). The two things that I am not completely sold on are 1) the crossed sticks are kinda cliche and 2) I struggled with what to put in the middle. The fact that the team only uses red/black/white limited what I could do somewhat as well. I will explain the elements below. Without further ado, have at it:

DevilsAlternate.jpg

Elements:

1) Pitchforked stick borrowed from the Lowell Devils logo

2) Brick wall used to represent the team's new home city of Newark, aka "Brick City". Also a subtle shoutout to the the Devils' own brick wall, Martin Brodeur (a stretch I know).

3) 3 Silver Stars representing the team's 3 Stanley Cup Championships

Thanks for looking and for any help you can offer

BCBannersSig.png

Ok, this is my first logo concept of any kind. I did a crude fantasy baseball logo last year but it was more of a cut/paste type deal. I don't necessarily think that the Devils need a shoulder patch, but I decided to try to come up with one anyway. I have tried several things and have hit a wall (pun intended, see below). The two things that I am not completely sold on are 1) the crossed sticks are kinda cliche and 2) I struggled with what to put in the middle. The fact that the team only uses red/black/white limited what I could do somewhat as well. I will explain the elements below. Without further ado, have at it:

Elements:

1) Pitchforked stick borrowed from the Lowell Devils logo

2) Brick wall used to represent the team's new home city of Newark, aka "Brick City". Also a subtle shoutout to the the Devils' own brick wall, Martin Brodeur (a stretch I know).

3) 3 Silver Stars representing the team's 3 Stanley Cup Championships

Thanks for looking and for any help you can offer

the stars are too much...stars don't really go with anything devil-related, plus what if they win another cup?

I really like this logo. It looks really sharp. Honestly I think that it might look better with out the Devils logo. Then maybe make the stars bigger and more spread out. I say this just because i feel that an alternate logo should not have the same logo as the primary.

MildlyPsycho.png

Realsig.png

I think you're trying to jam way too many individually meaningful items into one logo. It just ends up clashing. I would limit yourself to only 1 of your 3 new elements.

I know exactly what you mean. That's one of the places where I hit a wall.

I really like this logo. It looks really sharp. Honestly I think that it might look better with out the Devils logo. Then maybe make the stars bigger and more spread out. I say this just because i feel that an alternate logo should not have the same logo as the primary.

Thanks erik. I agree with the fact that it probably looks better without the nj but it's too empty without it.

Personally its too busy but you've got something there with the pitchfork.

Thanks for the input. I will work on simplifying it.

BCBannersSig.png

Archived