Hawaii Warriors Under Armour Uniforms Unveiled

kylenotryan

I had no idea that Hawaii got new uniforms over the offseason. I tuned into the Hawaii-Florida game and was shocked as hell.

It was a pleasant shock, these new uniforms are definitely an upgrade.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Photos from the game (AP):

26be770a-4b58-4444-81b1-0c27fb0ae23.jpg49edfdfc-4c0c-4e94-81d0-f88e4788b65.jpg

e2e3c7a4-bcef-41e9-a3a9-40e09c7f71a.jpg

It looks like Hawaii is using the Under Armour shields instead of the Oakley ones in practice. I also thought that the helmet was a different shade of green, maybe lighter than before to match the green of the uniforms (not too sure, might have been the TV or the lighting).

I think the jerseys actually look good with the helmet, but I still don't care for the piping on the pants.

Also, did anyone who watched the game notice how the jersey tore away on a kick-off/punt return on one of the Hawaii players? At first I thought it was a towel that was pulled from the player.

Hawaii just unveiled the actual UnderArmour football uniforms today.

fb_ua_display.jpg

Here's the link to the local news story. It has more pictures and video showing the detail of the uniforms:

http://honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dl...ONTPAGECAROUSEL

It'll take a while for these uniforms to grown on me. The jerseys look too busy for me and I still don't care for the striping at the shoulders or on the pants and the UA collar thingies. At least the helmet is still the same. I'm sure they'll look different again on an actual football player in action. Until then I'll wait to see what McMackin has in mind for the throwback uniform option through UA.

I guess the main thing is that the players like them.

F-A-I-L

What does that spell?

FAIL!!!!!

I hate these new unis. I just hate them. Tell me what the heck was so wrong with the ones from last year? I know it was a different manufacturer but why not be like Auburn and still use the same design anyway? The two different color helmets were unique, thier all black homes with the green helmet looked incredibly sharp and thier roads with the silver helmet and silver pants were perhaps the best road in all of college football. Plus, those tribal markings they had on the hip were incredible and added even more to thier unique look. I know they have little tiny markings going on on the sleeve but man the way they tried to excecute this looks absolutely terrible. I dont care if you use under armor, just dont use one of their gosh-awful explosion templates with craptastic stripes and sleeves everywhere. And last but not least, Silver was awesome with the green and black. So why drop it???

I say the biggest downgrade of the summer. It's just awful.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived