Hockey-related Site Launch Announcement

CJR

I hope it proves to be successful, it is a fantastic idea and is pretty well executed.

I guess you can try to get on board with both Hockeydb.com and nhluniforms.com in order to help get the name out there and maybe use some of their resources too (maybe see if Hockeydb wants a MUCH needed site redesign?). This has a lot of potential and you have NO IDEA how many times I have been looking for jersey numbers from specific years or whatnot and not being able to find them.

I wish you the best of luck!

Thanks for your help and the kind words. The success of this will depend on whether or not the idea interests people so spread the word. The more feedback I get, the more I know where to focus my efforts. And, of course, the more people editing the database the more complete information there will be.

FYI, there's a spot in the forums over there for feedback/requests/etc. Not that I'm not checking here, too.

But seriously, the site looks great -- you've captured what I imagined and threw it up there on the screen.

Now I need to finish mine :)

Be fair, the wiki part of the idea was mine. :) So was that badass banner that recreates itself every day.

Now you have something to copy off of. :)

But seriously, the site looks great -- you've captured what I imagined and threw it up there on the screen.

Now I need to finish mine :)

So Chris, what is it you need to finish? :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Also, maybe a way to quickly jump to a number for a specific team instead of having to flip through all the pages to find it.

The way to jump straight to a number for each team is in phase two, if phase one proves to be successful.

I decided not to wait until phase two, when browsing by team or number you can now filter your response.

I also added in the "View All" option you asked for earlier.

Also, maybe a way to quickly jump to a number for a specific team instead of having to flip through all the pages to find it.

The way to jump straight to a number for each team is in phase two, if phase one proves to be successful.

I decided not to wait until phase two, when browsing by team or number you can now filter your response.

I also added in the "View All" option you asked for earlier.

This is looking FANTASTIC! Those changes definitely make it a lot easier to browse through. This is great.

For future features I still think adding the retired (and maybe honoured) numbers, and maybe make it a non-wiki feature which you or some other mod on it would designate through peoples suggestions. Maybe another little "comment" box where people could add info about maybe why the player chose that number if that information applies (much like how people can add comments for logos on here). It could add that extra element of making it more personalized and giving people that extra little bit of info. Just an idea though.

Otherwise it is great how it is now, I don't see anything else that could be changed immediately.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived