MLB '08: The Show

rmackman

A buddy of mine got it, and I just finished spring training in Road to the Show last night. I'm currently an MRP on the Montgomery Biscuits.

To update my status, I've finally graduated on to the rotation of the AA Montgomery Biscuits.

Played the PS3 demo on my buddy's system this past Saturday. Game looks gorgeous, but hitting is alot tougher than I expected it to be. Getting the timing down seems to be a bit harder than in games like MVP and the 2K series.

True, it takes some learning. Here are two things you can do to practice.

1.) Always guess pitch and location. I guess 4FB most of the time, as they use it the most, but at least you'll know what it is and where it is if you're right. There's no penalty for guessing.

2.) Press L3 (click the button under the left stick) after the pitch to view how you did timing-wise.

• 2 weeks later...

Hate to bump an old thread, but there were a couple of things that I came across since leaving school for vacation.

1.) I was just bumped up to the Brewers, and one of our first games was against the Padres. The Padres were wearing their camoflague uniforms, which, unless I missed them, are not selectable in the Exhibition, etc. modes.

2.) My brother is doing a franchise, and in it, it was the Brewers vs. the Astros and they both had throwback uniforms. That's right, THERE ARE THROWBACK UNIFORMS. The Brewers were wearing grey jerseys and grey hats. The jerseys, I believe, had MILWAUKEE on them in black, all-caps lettering. I want to say that they are the Negro-league throwbacks, but I'm not certain. The Astros had white tops with Colts or something on it (from their days as the Colt .45s) and dark caps. Like the Padres' camo uniform, I could not find these jerseys available in Exhibition. However, I now know that they are in the game, and apparently appear at random intervals since, as I believe it was mentioned, you cannot select what jerseys to wear in Season and Franchise modes.

Hate to bump an old thread, but there were a couple of things that I came across since leaving school for vacation.

1.) I was just bumped up to the Brewers, and one of our first games was against the Padres. The Padres were wearing their camoflague uniforms, which, unless I missed them, are not selectable in the Exhibition, etc. modes.

2.) My brother is doing a franchise, and in it, it was the Brewers vs. the Astros and they both had throwback uniforms. That's right, THERE ARE THROWBACK UNIFORMS. The Brewers were wearing grey jerseys and grey hats. The jerseys, I believe, had MILWAUKEE on them in black, all-caps lettering. I want to say that they are the Negro-league throwbacks, but I'm not certain. The Astros had white tops with Colts or something on it (from their days as the Colt .45s) and dark caps. Like the Padres' camo uniform, I could not find these jerseys available in Exhibition. However, I now know that they are in the game, and apparently appear at random intervals since, as I believe it was mentioned, you cannot select what jerseys to wear in Season and Franchise modes.

1. Yes you can select the camos

2. Here's how I figure the unis run...

You get home whites and an alt.

You get road grays and an alt.

You get your warm up jersey.

The game selects your uniform for you so you have no control. There are silver era and gold era (home and away) for each team. That will give you two more homes and two more roads. You can't select them in the exhib screen unless you buy them (with profile points) in the extras menu. Whether or not you have them unlocked, the computer will randomly put your teams in them.

Since this is a uniform haven and I'm uniform crazy, this drives me nuts. I want to be able to select my uniform. Also, why did they pick out certain unis? The Pirates don't wear the blue and red unis (throwbacks), but on occasion will break out the 70's yellows (which are not there). There are some not included (Pirates red for example) There are mistakes too. I don't believe the Marlins have black numbers on their black jerseys or the Cards have the option of wearing their sunday hat on the road or the Reds red on the road.

KISSwall09.jpg

Ah, I must have missed the camo in the selection screen. Is it home/away specific?

Now I'm going to need to look into these profile points you mentioned. I play exhibition on occasion.

Yes, the Camo is home only. It's disappointing that some unis can't be used at home (like the Padres, Indians, and Brewers navy and Angels red) and some are available on the road that are not an option (like the Reds red which is only a home option). I know it's all about gameplay, so I guess I really can't complain. It's just being a uniform nut, this drives me crazy. The profile points can purchase individual players (HOF guys), cheats, or unis. They are cheap too. You can buy the AL and NL gold and silver unis after a game or two.

KISSwall09.jpg

I hate to keep bumping this thread, but I didn't want to start a new one...am I wrong here? is this a glitch? I was Pitts and it was tied in the bottom of the 11th. I gave up a two-run jack to Dmitri Young in Wash to end the game. He stopped at first and they mobbed him. They gave him a walk-off single and scored the go-ahead run. Is this not a walk-off HR worth two runs?

KISSwall09.jpg

I hate to keep bumping this thread, but I didn't want to start a new one...am I wrong here? is this a glitch? I was Pitts and it was tied in the bottom of the 11th. I gave up a two-run jack to Dmitri Young in Wash to end the game. He stopped at first and they mobbed him. They gave him a walk-off single and scored the go-ahead run. Is this not a walk-off HR worth two runs?

He stopped at first. He never touched home himself, therefore it's only a walk-off single.

Archived