The Pledge of Design

Nesi427

This may sound like the dumbest thing ever, and I may have posted it in the wrong place, but here goes. I have written what I call "The Designers Pledge." Here is what I have written, C&C welcome.

I pledge allegiance to design

for more visually appealing creations.

One designer, that is not God,

with Photoshop Illustrator, a blank slate, and more!

Is there anything like this out there??

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

First of all I'm trying to figure out what the message is. It's not clear what you're saying in your little poem there. Second of all, I may be speaking only for me, but some of us don't give a rat's behind about some little inspirational or not-so quote to design; real designers worry about designing and pushing their designs to the next level knowing that there are younger and better designers out there ready to take their jobs/business away from them. I mean if it motivates you to be a better designer, so be it; but if I were you I'd worry more about learning about type, color theory, artists, what it takes to be a designer, what's hot, how the industry is doing, the programs, and most importantly improving your design skills. Sorry if I burst your bubble there, but if you look to a quote as inspiration, then you remind me of an athlete who needs to hear a certain song before they go out to play or do something in particular, you're superstitious and wasting your time. And really if you have to work hard at making and inspirational quote, then it's really not so inspirational. To me good quotes are ones that naturally come out. Work on your real talents of design and let those who can give us the great quotes, do their thing. Ying and Yang here. And just remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be you!

Archived