real life Arsenal concept

Discrim

alright, so some of yall may recall that I occasionally make my own jerseys. Most of my attempts, however, have been utter failures for one reason or another. Adding injury to insult, when I began working on the shirt I'm about to show yall in earnest, my main sewing machine started eating needles, so to speak. This blows, as this machine could stitch backwards, I could adjust stitch length and also, I could adjust the speed. My backup machine can do none of these things. Neverthless, I wanted to get this one done, so I continued on. I'd been trying to get around the limitations of a $30 sewing machine for a few years by doing a double overlap of sorts, which accomplished my goal of eliminating fraying. Problem was doing so took insanely long...so I finally invested in some fray blocker. Why I didn't do this sooner, I dunno. Anyways, just like the Padres digital camouflage jersey I posted pics of last summer, this is the first time anybody aside from me is seeing this. Part of my inspiration was Arsenal's current away sox, and part was the Columbus Crew's second black jersey (with the gold/white hooped sleeves...IIRC DC United had the same jersey, only in navy with red/white sleeves. yes, navy.) The rest of the motivation I had was the fact that my largeness prevents me from fitting into a regular soccer shirt, and my near-brokeness tends to prevent me from ordering one :D so here goes my latest real life concept: Arsenal away off-white

arsenalfront.jpg

I wanted to give one of these things a mustard Preds-style collar. This part of the shirt was what I was most worried about, as my head is huge and there was a chance it wouldn't fit. Although you can go too wide with the collar and then it looks like a cold shoulder top or something...anyways, the EPL crest is on both sleeves, and you can't see it in this shot but a cannon is on the right sleeve's topmost redcurrant stripe. Why that is, is because I accidentally ripped part of it.

arsenalfront2.jpg

yeh, for up close shots my camera sucks. eh well...you see my branding (the hashmarks there) instead of a swoosh because yours truly made this, not Nike.

arsenaldigits2.jpg

I don't have the EPL font on me. a bit of a shame, as I definitely would've used it.

arsenaldigits.jpg

still, it didn't stop me from putting the lion on the numbers...again, here lies my latest real-lifer, what say you?

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Woah thats good as. Like the design. Like how much detail you went to to get it as authentic as you could. The front looks a bit plain but once you stick the Emirates ad on it, it'd look right. Any of these for sale in your shop?

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Archived