Troy 2007 Sun Belt Championship Ring.

sacker12

Well, I just received my 2007 Sun Belt Conference championship ring for football. Even though we didn't go to a bowl game this year, it was still nice to receive a ring. We wound up being in a virtual tie for the title with Florida Atlantic with identical 6-1 records, but they beat us in the last game of the year and got the conference's bid to the New Orleans Bowl. So, that left us with an 8-4 overall record and sitting home.

Anyways, here is the ring. Sorry for the crappy pics. The quality of my cell phone camera isn't the best. If I'm able to get the drawing of the ring, I'll try to post up on here so that you guys can get a clearer view of the text and artwork.

troy2007ringfront1.jpg

In case you're wondering, the text on the top row reads "06 BACK-2-BACK 07". The text on the botton row reads "SUNBELT CHAMPIONS".

troy2007ringside1.jpg

troy2007ringside2.jpg

The artwork on this side is a Troy logo, the Sun Belt Conference logo, and a ribbon that reads "8-4".

troy2007ringfront2.jpg

Even with the low picture quality, it looks like a nice ring-

And for what it's worth, Troy was more deserving of a bowl bid than UA...

Thanks. Despite our record, what killed our chances for another bowl were 1) the poor attendance for the FAU game, despite the fact that we were the only D-1 football game in the state on a perfectly clear day, and 2) the lack of an opening in several bowl games due to the BCS.

Also, for what it's worth, we're about to have a 1st-round draft pick, and UA's not.

No, I'm a student equipment manager for the football team.

oh still cool though. do you travel and such with the team?

Yes, I do. I have traveled with the team to every game, including games vs. LSU, Georgia, Florida, Nebraska, and other schools. This coming season, I will be traveling to Ohio State and to LSU again.

• 2 weeks later...
Just for kicks and giggles, here are all three of my Troy rings. From left to right: 2004 Silicon Valley Bowl ring, 2006 Sun Belt Championship/New Orleans Bowl ring, and 2007 Sun Belt Championship ring.

Apr23_0006.jpg

That is SO cool, forever memories are GREAT!!! Nice pictures, an i'm sure your VERY proud... I WOULD!!!

Archived