Anybody see the uniform mistake?

Didn't see anyone post this, if so, sorry for double posting. Please delete this if it is double posted. Anyways on Wednesday Feb. 18, 2004 in a game played at Assembly Hall in Champaign, Ill. both teams had to wear the "color unis" oddly enough, it looks as if the home team (who should wear white) are the culprits! Geez and the colors are so similar, the refs probably had a fun time! Here's some photos from CBS Sportsline, on TV it looked horrible:

ILDH10021821_1024x768.jpg

ILDH106021823_1024x768.jpg

ILDH107021823_1024x768.jpg

ILDH101021821_1024x768.jpg

ILDH102021821_1024x768.jpg

What do you guys think? I honestly felt bad for the refs.

NewWCRSig.gif

Yeah, STL Fanatic -- I think that's who it was that took note of this -- pointed this out in the past. I didn't watch the game so I have no idea how hard it was to tell the difference between teams -- however, I can imagine it had to be pretty bad.

Imagine being a player who makes alot of no look passes, knowing where your teammate is just out of the corner of your eye by uniform color. I'd imagine it was a fairly sloppy game... i wouldn't know, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

Yeah, being an Illini fan with DirecTV (on cable not satelite) I listened to the game, but could not watch. I heard about the unis though.

Usually the Illini are fine wearing orange as a home jersey (works like yellow or gold). This particular nite, well it didn't seem fine to some people. However, it's listed as a home alternate, and they find it special and lucky. Plus, Wisconsin is lucky in white, so, that's why the Illini played in orange and didn't tell Wisconsin to wear white.

Wow Im shocked it was allowed. I would think that seeing that game officalls would have made Illinois bring out their whites, since they wer ethe home team and could access them.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I went to Wisconsin and am a big fan. I did not get to watch the game, but I saw the SportsCenter highlights and it looked like a nightmare.

I'd like to blame the loss on it. :D

Can someone tell me how you can post those pictures directly on a message? (More to the point, I'd like to do it with my jersey concepts.)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived