MLS' Tampa Bay Mutiny - Original Black, Green and Red Logo?

TruColor

Somewhere in my records, I came across a listing for the Tampa Bay Mutiny (MLS) that had their original 1996 team colors as Black, Green, Red and White. Does anyone know if this is even accurate? Could this have been for a prototype logo and uniform? Am I nuts? (Waitaminute...)

We all know about this logo:

TampaBayMutiny_PRM_1997-2001_SOL_SR.gif

...but I don't know anything about a Black, Green and Red logo.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I was Mutiny fan since Day 1 and I never saw any black, green, read, and white logo. I even have the inaugural MLS yearbook that has a handful of logos I haven't seen elsewhere and there is no such logo in there. (I keep meaning to scan them and keep forgetting.)

I was Mutiny fan since Day 1 and I never saw any black, green, read, and white logo. I even have the inaugural MLS yearbook that has a handful of logos I haven't seen elsewhere and there is no such logo in there. (I keep meaning to scan them and keep forgetting.)

I'm thinking that it was either a mistake, or a proposed color set that never saw the light of day.

And...I just found where I got this from. I have a print-out from May of 1996 right off of what is now CBS SportsLine that lists the Mutiny colors this way. However, the logo at the top of the page (it's a B&W print however) is the usual logo.

In any case, I'm marking this Black, Green and Red color set as "unused" or "proposed".

One more update: after looking more closely at my printout, it looks like the webmaster of SportsLine in 1996 just copied-and-pasted the color information from the Dallas Burn over to the Mutiny. Which explains it.

Boom. Done.

it looks like the webmaster of SportsLine in 1996 just copied-and-pasted the color information from the Dallas Burn over to the Mutiny. Which explains it.

That type of attention to detail might also explain why they never sent me my free t-shirt I was supposed to get for signing up with them back in '96. Curses to them.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

That type of attention to detail might also explain why they never sent me my free t-shirt I was supposed to get for signing up with them back in '96. Curses to them Bastiches.

I was JUST about to say it sounded instead like the original Dallas Burn colors . . .

Fargin' Ice Holes!

(I just like to post after ColorWerx. Makes me feel important) B)

"The Amazing Fabwell... Knows All... SEES All... Tells NOTHING!!

Archived