Fantasy League logo

rcb05

Wanted to get y'alls thoughts on a logo I recently created for my fantasy league. It's supposed to have a bit of a throwback feel to it. C&C appreciated.

2604345583_264226da56_o.png

I've also included a simplified version without the effects. I tried getting rid of the stripes and having the wordmark go all the way across the football, but it ended up looking like a Dairy Queen logo.

2605383410_968ec392ea_o.png

They really look nothing alike, other than the basic football shape, oddly enough, in a football logo, some stars and the colors. But really, it seems like a stretch to compare the two logos.

w3asnt saying that he copied it, but rather that perhaps he drew some inspiration from it. now that i see the nfl football logo, it makes sense.

for the cnc: when i see it i think of the 1980's New England Patriots:

like these or these

i dont think you hit the effect you were going for with the text. it just looks like the B and the F are bigger, not like they are "bubbled" out. not a big fan of the text itself. i perfer a more stylized text like DCameronh's than the more generic like yours.

overall it looks pretty good, but i think it could use some tweaks.

also, im sorry if i offended you by accusing you of drawing inspiration from DCameronh.

-Vicious-

Picture21.png

just wondering, is it so bad to "draw inspiration" from someone? everyday we're all inspired as designers when we see things. i remember watching a video about some guy who did an experiment on inspiration in designs, was really cool.

and is it just me or is everyone accusing people of "drawing inspiration" or "copying" lately?

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=59541

anyways, i'm not really digging this. i really like the text and how the two middle letters are bigger, but it just looks too classic and old-timey for my taste. the stripes are meh and look like they're scrunching everything up. big NO to the gradients in the logo, and i think it'd be better if you left the stars without the bevel effect.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

just wondering, is it so bad to "draw inspiration" from someone? everyday we're all inspired as designers when we see things. i remember watching a video about some guy who did an experiment on inspiration in designs, was really cool.

no, i dont think that its bad to draw inspiration from others. i think thats what is great about graphic design. i didnt mean to be accusing at all, i was just making a point, because that was the first thing that came to mind when i saw that logo. i know how frusterating it is to have somebody accusing you of stealing somebodys work, and i am sorry if it came off that way, which if probably did.

-Vicious-

Picture21.png

I really don't mind your logo. It looks good. Not sure I really like the stripes but it's not that bad. And I like the simpler looking text and stars better but I'm not sure about the two larger letters in the middle.

But what do I know. I'm still not sure about my logo if I like it or not. Thanks for the mention by the way Vicious. I would agree they are a little simular looking but not much. Maybe a little because I think some of my insperation also came from the NFL Network logo.

Overall it looks good. I would keep playing around with it though. Nice work.

Archived