Squirrel Logo

ldswoosh33

Im not sure...ask the pro guys...

Wow...if you think so badly of yourself, why post?

I like the latest logo, I think you need to continue the outline at the bottom, it looks incomplete. The basketball/acorn would look good as a secondary logo if it was cleaned up, but right now it looks like it was an afterthought.

Ok, ways to make it better: I think the white shading looks odd (it looks good though) when paired with the head, which has no white shading. I don't know how you could fix it, maybe some white on the cheeks. I think the head might work by itself, though. The body might need some arms/legs, we don't want a quadruple amputee squirrel.

Im not sure...ask the pro guys...

Wow...if you think so badly of yourself, why post?

I like the latest logo, I think you need to continue the outline at the bottom, it looks incomplete. The basketball/acorn would look good as a secondary logo if it was cleaned up, but right now it looks like it was an afterthought.

Ok, ways to make it better: I think the white shading looks odd (it looks good though) when paired with the head, which has no white shading. I don't know how you could fix it, maybe some white on the cheeks. I think the head might work by itself, though. The body might need some arms/legs, we don't want a quadruple amputee squirrel.

so... when you say "outline at the bottom, it looks incomplete", you mean make the body?

Romans 5:8

NikoLazar.com

Squirrels-1.gif

Nice. A few things:

-clean up the edges. It will look much more professional. That goes for the acorn, too. Mainly, the black outline around the squirrel.

-I'm not sure about the 2 grey colors.

-The acorn still looks sort of misplaced. I don't know why. Here's what I would do: get rid of the acorn, and start a whole new alternate logo based on the acorn. Also, you might want to get rid of the "tic-tac-toe" effect on the top right of it.

Overall, I am very impressed with this logo. I like that you added white to the cheeks, it seems to flow better, IMO. I am most impressed that you were able to take everyone's advice, and progress to a nice looking, almost finished design. The wordmark seems to work well, too.

I don't know if you do uniforms, but I wouldn't mind seeing them. Especially since you are using vector, it's easy. If not, I might want to whip something up when I get back from vacation, on the 30th. Pm me if you want. I have a few ideas.

This is really coming together great! I think you have all the hard design work done now, and you can start refining. A few suggestions in that regard:

The head looks a slight bit weasily to me, perhaps because of its width. You might get away really easily by simply scaling the entire head to make it longer. Your call, though - it really could work as is.

The acorn still has that unfinished, just sketched look. The linework is too thin and uniform. I would use the same style you used for the outline around the eyes. As far as where to put the acorn in the logo, how about making it the "Q" in your wordmark. You could flip it upside down and make the stem the line that comes off the Q. Just take it as a suggestion.

LT

Archived