PRODIGY THREAD: APPRENTICE

-(dp)-

chesnutz...get better soon. Allergic reactions suck.

I'll be around from about 8-10:30 tomorrow. If you think we can be ready by then I'll be more than willing to write something up and post it. Is there anything anybody specifically wants written in it?

Also, we're going with RBK, right?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be around till, and maybe past, the deadline tomorrow. Starting at 10 at the latest. If yinz want me to present it I will.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Yeah, I think its alittle too busy and overloaded with effects. It also seems to me like the picture was originally smaller and then enlarged, and the cutting doesnt look the best. I also dislike the text. I think simplifying it to "Catch me if you can. July 23rd" and adding an an Under Armor logo would be best.

Id hate to shoot it down, youre obviously alittle more well versed in the realms of ps than me, but those are things I dislike and I think the judges will really look at.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

I think a whole new approach is needed.

Did you make your sig? Somethin like that might work.

That shoe is sick, but it'd be better IMO if you swapped the blue and orange with each other.

Really stressed on time, so I can't do any of my real life pictures. If anyone would like to do that, I think it'd be great. All you really need is some decent photoshop skills and you got it.

Here's a logo presentation I whipped up if you guys would like to use it.

Hesterfinallogocopy.png

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Problem is, I think it gets lost in the background which also doesnt seem to fit with the overall theme, especially if we use my ad or one like it.

The thing is, I think we have to use the presentation we made in challenge one, but I am not sure. That one is nice though, if the background was quite a bit lighter.

Okay, I am trying an ad myself. Where will the ad be used? Since they haven't been standard magazine size, I was thinking maybe in store windows, like at Champs, FootLocker, etc..? I also do have the one picture of Hester with the t-shirt and hat photoshopped. I might do some more, if I have the time.

MegatronSig2.jpg

I have a couple magazine ads in the works and I was thinking that like we would have like one store window one and maybe even one that would be used for like a set up display inside the store. A nice one inside the store I think would be something on the original Hester t-shirt you designed.

UPDATE:

hesterspikesadmd8.png

hestercoolgearadye7.png

hestergeneraladsy3.png

They're pretty simple but I feel that they are effective. The first two really market the product and the last one markets David Hester. The WC Flyer One rips off the Air Force Ones. The Cool Gear is basically what DP designed. The last one was done very quick but I like how it turned out.

Very nice, not sure about the one with the shoe, though. Here is my attempt:

HesterAdcopy.png

I am not really sure what to do. I have a lot of the files, as well as the presentation template, but we don't know what all we will use, so I can't get all of that ready right now. I guess maybe I will try to wake up a few hours before I have to go to work.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Alright, makes sense. I do like that last ad by maz, it's very simple but effective. Really we don't need much more. dp has that Hester photo he made a while ago, we can use that. I love the name for the shoe, but I don't like the glow around the logo on it. Get rid of that, make the orange white or something on the logo, and you're gold.

I really wish I could be here up until the deadline. I'm very sorry for not being able to, and you guys know I'd never not try my hardest to do so, especially since I've been very active this whole event. As a PM I feel very bad about it, but if anyone asks, I handed over the rights to write the stuff down to whoever does so. I'm counting on you guys to do a good job, and I know you will. Sorry again and thanks a lot. Great job on this event everyone

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Alright, so I replaced the rbk logo with an Under Armour one.

Since this isnt exactly magazine page shaped, we could probably use it as a store sign. I like the last one SG made. If you could get rid of the black around it and make it "him" instead of "it" so it matches better, thatd probably be best.

devinnn.png

Whos typing up the presentation? I could, if needed.

Maz, why don't you handle it? I need to be gone at 10:30, and I don't think I could have it done by then. You've already written a nice one for the previous challenge.

I'm fixing up my ads right now. Very nice job on yours, Maz.

Alrighty, I'll do it. I just need all the pieces of the presentation. Have we got everything?

Archived