Miami Tropic Concept

CreamSoda

the bird looks wacky and uninspired. kind of like a doodle that was vectored without taking into consideration any physical details of any other bird. also, i am not a fan of the font at all...again, it looks like a doodle that was vectored.

How does this fictitious bird say "Tropic"? There are all kinds of imagery that better say Tropic than a bird that could exist anywhere. A logo should tie in to what it represents, and this doesn't do that.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I don't know why people are so harsh about this concept, so what if it isn't done after a real bird?

If you are staying with his logo, I would suggest using a different font and a different nick name. (Sorry none come to mind)

Also I would like to see this on a jersey template, and I think it would would perfectly with baseball as you suggested.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

I don't know why people are so harsh about this concept, so what if it isn't done after a real bird?

If you are staying with his logo, I would suggest using a different font and a different nick name. (Sorry none come to mind)

Also I would like to see this on a jersey template, and I think it would would perfectly with baseball as you suggested.

Yah, I just kinda threw the name Miami Tropic in b/c it looked like a tropical bird to me.

maybe I will edit it some tomorrow and slap it on a jersey.

and yah, I don't see why it has to be modeled after a real bird, its just a concept for a fake team....

Yah, I just kinda threw the name Miami Tropic in b/c it looked like a tropical bird to me.

maybe I will edit it some tomorrow and slap it on a jersey.

and yah, I don't see why it has to be modeled after a real bird, its just a concept for a fake team....

Harsh? A logo is posted for C&C. The criticism is fair in regards to a logo. If we are critiquing a bird, don't post a team name with it. The people on this board appreciate thought and effort invested into a project, not just slapping something together. It is irrelevant whether it is a fantasy or real concept. It was critiqued as an identity for a sports team. The bird doesn't look distinctly tropical, and the whole package was judged as such.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I am not sure what sport this would be for, I was thinking baseball.

Okay ... stick with the baseball concept for a minute ... is there anything in the artwork that says baseball to you?

When you think of the tropics, what comes to mind? For me, I see vegetation, I see green, palm trees, the sun. Not blue ... that is a cold color. If it was a new blue jay for Toronto, I'd say you were closer but not for Miami.

You picked Miami ... have a look at the other sports teams in Miami. Look at their colors and themes.

I won't say the art you did was bad because it is way better than I can do as I am not an artist by any stretch but I can see what the other posters were saying and your concept doesn't say to to me the point you are trying to get across.

Don't get discouraged. Look at the points made by everyone and keep working at it. Practice makes perfect!

The name works and the bird works. The Miami Hurricanes use a bird (the Ibis) and it works. It's prevalent in the area. I'd warm up those colors though. You don't have to bite an existing Miami team but use some yellows and oranges, maybe red. If you want to keep the blue, use less of it. Kinda like the Marlins. They use the teal and silver to accent the logo. That could be a good way to go if you don't want ot use warm tones. Also, that font should be tightened up. It's really loose and organic. It gives the composition an unorganized feel. Tighten it up and work on some font options.

I'm not going to assume you slapped it together because you could have taken some time to work on this, so you won't get any insults wrapped up in "constructive criticism". Keep working on this. It's a good start.

I'm not going to assume you slapped it together because you could have taken some time to work on this, so you won't get any insults wrapped up in "constructive criticism". Keep working on this. It's a good start.

No assumptions made. However, it does call into question your ability to read.

shysters_sm.jpg

Archived