OKC Bison/Thunder Logo

hettinger_rl

A basic bison logo. No word-mark. Could work as is or part of a Thunder set, not sure which yet. I am very inexperienced with PS and ILL. I drew this and scanned it to color it. It's my first concept on CCSLC and its quite rough. C&C please.

Bison5-1.jpg

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

That's a wonky-lookin' head you've got on that-there buffalo, Pardner.

If you mean that its large than there are 2 reasons for it.

1. Bison heads are quite large. The skull I have hanging in my home is 30in across the outside of the horns and 28in from the horn tips to the nose.

2. This head may seem larger because its foreshortened due to the angle.

1. Bison heads are quite large. The skull I have hanging in my home is 30in across the outside of the horns and 28in from the horn tips to the nose.

I'm fully aware, but thanks for the clarification anyway. I was mainly referring to the way the bison's head angle isn't fully fleshed out, thus giving the appearance that his lower mandible is somehow attached to the top of his cranium, not the usual madible hinge(i.e. people will confuse his nose with a jawline).

Also, from that angle, we should be able to see a little bit of the bison's right eye peeping out from under that tuft of fur, but right now, we can't.

Thirdly and finally, less is more. This sucker's got entirely too many different shades of brown going on to be of any use as a primary logo. Most professional sports leagues' jerseys have the team logos embroidered in, so this palette you've chosen would be quite a hindrance to that process, not to mention would look too cluttered when scaled down. I say get it down to a four-color maximum.

...And that's about it. You've got great clay to work with; it just needs a little more shaping.

Sigs are for sissies.

I'm fully aware, but thanks for the clarification anyway. I was mainly referring to the way the bison's head angle isn't fully fleshed out, thus giving the appearance that his lower mandible is somehow attached to the top of his cranium, not the usual madible hinge(i.e. people will confuse his nose with a jawline).

Also, from that angle, we should be able to see a little bit of the bison's right eye peeping out from under that tuft of fur, but right now, we can't.

Thirdly and finally, less is more. This sucker's got entirely too many different shades of brown going on to be of any use as a primary logo. Most professional sports leagues' jerseys have the team logos embroidered in, so this palette you've chosen would be quite a hindrance to that process, not to mention would look too cluttered when scaled down. I say get it down to a four-color maximum.

...And that's about it. You've got great clay to work with; it just needs a little more shaping.

Thanks for the C&C.

I'm working on cutting out some shades of brown and I'll take out that nose line. As far as the right eye goes, I think that what we would see would just look like a ball on that side of the head or would be something that just distracts. Because their eyes are so far on the side of their face the forehead and nose block that eye. What about the other eye, should I reshape it at all? And how about the overall look, can you tell the bison is running or should I add a dust puff? Please keep it coming!

Old:

Bison5.jpg

Update:

Bison55.jpg

Bison56.jpg

Archived