USA Basketball Concept

TFoA

I'm thinking that this might be the beginning of a series, since I've been toying around with hockey, baseball, soccer, hell, even football templates with a USA theme. But this is one that I wanted to get done right away: USA Basketball. First, I'd like to say that the current uniforms are great. It's a cool design. The one gripe I have is the fact that the lettering and the numbering don't match color-wise. So the main object of this concept is to fix that, and I think I did. I'm also thinking that I'm going to put the USA ball-star logo on the back on top of the name, but I wanted to get some initial C&C on a somewhat finished product before I did that.

But enough of me talkin, here's the graphics:

USABasketballConcept.png

And I did a red alt because, quite frankly, I love the red/women's unis as well. The little thing at the top is a headband. :P But yeah, there it is.

C&C plz?

I like it, those wordmarks work perfectly. The red jersey is somewhat hard to read (numbers and wordmark)but overall this pretty much what they should be wearing. Obviously (and unfortunately) a conservative approach like this is not the road which Nike wants to take!

You have a solid design here. My one comment is regarding the player names. During the game this morning, the commentators said that (with Coach K's input) the nameplates were intentionally designed to be the same color as the jersey to emphasize the team concept rather than the individual. It is very hard to read the names, but that was the intent, which I really like and which seems to be working so far!

LT

These are very simple, which looks great, but when a jersey is used as rarely as an olympic jersey I don't think it is a bad thing to spice it up a little bit. I'm not saying it needs gradients or sublimated patterns or crazy piping, but a little something extra couldn't hurt. My only other problem with these is that the names on the back should all match. What I am saying is on the blue jersey the name is the color of the number outline(white), but on the white and red jerseys the names are the color of the numbers. To fix this you should make the names red on the white jersey, and white on the red jersey, or just make the name red on the blue jersey. Continuity.

Thanks for the C&C...time to apply show the changes:

USABasketballConcept-1.png

List of changes:

-Name on back of blue jersey is red

-Addition of secondary ball-star logo to back and shorts

-Fixed the name gaffe. :P

Anymore C&C?

When did this "new concept bug" bite you, Flame? You been on quite a roll, lately. (*thumbs up*)

That said...straight basic design...but I don't hate it. In fact..I actually rather like it. (And one can actually read the surnames from a distance--that alone is a big-time plus.) As one poster said, it probably wouldn't hurt to spice it up a little bit...but as is, this set does its job, and I ain't mad at that.

(One lil' itty bitty nitpick: the lack of an outline on the jersey and shorts shapes makes it hard to see the white set against a white background. You might try adding a really thin stroke to make the actual shapes stand out a little bit.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived