Forgotten Toys

steiny_ramone

I figured I'd throw mine into the ring.

We're called Forgotten Toys. This was our first logo

ftlogonew.png

I tried to incorporate some kind of toy imagery into the new logo; in this case a block.

It's actually just a font I found somewhere, and replaced the other F with a T, but I think it looks cool.

Was just wondering what you guys think.

Here's the white(ish) version

wbblocksolo.png

And the one on red

wbblocksolored.png

Being the drummer, I one day want to get a custom basshead, I thought including one of the toys from the Island of Misfit Toys from that old Rudolph Christmas Special would be neat. The best image I could find was the one of the doll.

basshead3.png

If you're interested, watch the video on our profile http://www.myspace.com/forgottentoys

Not a bad choice. However, I think a modified charlie in the box with an evil grin and drumsticks was the first thing I thought of.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Not a bad choice. However, I think a modified charlie in the box with an evil grin and drumsticks was the first thing I thought of.

Did you mean Chuckie?

Nope. I mean an evil looking Charlie in the Box from Rudolf.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Did you mean Chuckie?

Nope. I mean an evil looking Charlie in the Box from Rudolf.

How about a cowboy that rides an ostrich?

I like the simplicity of the logo. That simplicity doesn't necessarily reflect our musical style, but I think it fits better to our style than something evil or threatening looking.

I agree with you, chestnutz, the kerning is pretty bad on the basshead. I like the design around the big letters though, so I'll just have to work around it. Unless I ever get it actually made I suppose it doesn't really matter, but I changed it a bit. I think it looks a little better.

basshead4.png

Being the drummer, I one day want to get a custom basshead, I thought including one of the toys from the Island of Misfit Toys from that old Rudolph Christmas Special would be neat. The best image I could find was the one of the doll.

basshead3.png

If you're interested, watch the video on our profile http://www.myspace.com/forgottentoys

Fellow drummer here!

One thing to consider about a design on your bass drum head is whether or not you want to port the head. I port my reso head at 4 or 8 o'clock so this design wouldn't work for me, for example. If you don't port your heads, or place the holes elsewhere, then it'll be no problem.

Archived