St Louis Blues 3rd Jersey/Logo concept

originaldave77

I have a whole bunch! I'll try not to flood the boards. Check out the Calgary Flames one too, which also has the San Jose Sharks concept in the first page. I'll get that one its own topic eventually. Enjoy!

Here is the St Louis one:

STL-1.jpg

Simplicity is key!

goforbroke made some good suggestions, so I modified the look:

STL2.jpg

cool idea for a logo. i think it could have been slightly better executed to make the arch/shine a little less obvious of an arch so its more of a surprise when u realize it. other little things like that.

the jersey is ok. would prefer a better shade of blue... this looks like dark periwinkle. maybe more creativity with the striping. overall, as i said, really good idea, need little better execution. but def a good start. nice job

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Very nice update! So far all I've seen from you is superb. It seems obvious you have a portfolio, got any Dallas stuff?

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

Very nice update! So far all I've seen from you is superb. It seems obvious you have a portfolio, got any Dallas stuff?

Here is a work-in-progress

JohnWayne.jpg

HAHA, I love it!

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

Here is a work-in-progress

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s184/or...7/JohnWayne.jpg

HAHA, I love it!

Thanks! It needs heavy revision...I can't help but thank of the Isle's fisherman logo of the 90's when I look upon it. I originally made this for a team called the Dukes, who wanted a John Wayne-ish logo. They didn't use it I think (never heard back from them).

I'm impressed by originality of the logo; moving away from the Bluenote and trumpet shows that you're thinking. But in this case I don't feel it works, because to me blues is an essentially "live" genre. I think of gritty performances in smoky clubs or on street corners, not listening to it at home in my living room. Using the record player was really creative, but I feel like it strips some of the "soul" from the nickname.

I'm impressed by originality of the logo; moving away from the Bluenote and trumpet shows that you're thinking. But in this case I don't feel it works, because to me blues is an essentially "live" genre. I think of gritty performances in smoky clubs or on street corners, not listening to it at home in my living room. Using the record player was really creative, but I feel like it strips some of the "soul" from the nickname.

I dunno about that. I find vinyl has a very soulful sound and most of the great bluesmen can only be heard on record players nowadays.

thecatch.jpg

Archived