Consulting Group Concept

TwoRsAndTwoLs

Design:

ZerahaConsulting.jpg

Rationale:

Our consulting group is working with a non-profit organization in order to help an initiative that has its roots (pardon the pun) in agriculture. Our team is made up of eight people who come from different cultures and backgrounds. "Zeraha" was chosen as our name because it is close to the Arabic word for agriculture and it sounds pretty.

I have chosen the pair as a design element because the organization we are working for is in Portland, Oregon, and the #1 fruit crop of Oregon is the pear. I felt a serifed font was appropriate for a consulting firm, and it this font in particular has an "aged" feel to it, invoking the importance of agriculture to our society in the past.

Any C&C?

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

while a pear may be the #1 crop in Oregon, it's hardly what we're known for. We're possibly known more for our marionberry products. overall i'd say the execution is lacking at best. it's very one dimensional. I would lose the branch altogether and have the "z" maybe as a clever knockout of the pear (perhaps the pear could be a peel twisting to form a letter z). I also think the typography is extremely weak. There's no balance with the brandmark, and the type choice is less than ideal. The kerning is also rather bad. I would start with revising your mark first - really hone it, then try and marry the feel of the mark with an appropriate type choice.

OD_Signature.jpg

while a pear may be the #1 crop in Oregon, it's hardly what we're known for. We're possibly known more for our marionberry products. overall i'd say the execution is lacking at best. it's very one dimensional. I would lose the branch altogether and have the "z" maybe as a clever knockout of the pear (perhaps the pear could be a peel twisting to form a letter z). I also think the typography is extremely weak. There's no balance with the brandmark, and the type choice is less than ideal. The kerning is also rather bad. I would start with revising your mark first - really hone it, then try and marry the feel of the mark with an appropriate type choice.

This is probably the most specific and helpful criticism I have ever had the pleasure of getting.

Thank you.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Ditch the "cutesy". If you're a consulting firm, then you need to present yourself as such. The pear is cutesy, and actually makes the whole thing unbalanced in shape, color, and arrangement. A better idea would be to keep the "Z" and tweak it in illustrator and then underneath put Zeraha and under that put Consulting in a smaller point size. They both should equal the width of the "Z". If you want to be able to be taken serious by all, you design a logo that doesn't pinpoint you into one particular type of design. I think if you do it the way I suggested, and you don't have to, then you'll have the solid rooted logo that you're looking for.

Archived