San Diego Chargers secondary

omnibus

I am not an artist, everything I do is on paint and every template I have is from LEWJ anyway, every logo I use is a copy and paste and recolor and maybe rotate a little type of job. But I do have one thing that I did create, and ONLY 1.

I like it for the Chargers and San Diego for multiple reasons.

1st, it is the indisputable home of the NAVY these days..I know news to Annapolis I am sure, but not to those in the Navy or from San Diego.

2nd, what is a Charger and why would we find one in San Diego? Well, I hope that this logo would clear that question up. Anyone see what a battleship can do? Now thats a CHARGER! (But I am not too sure that is a battleship or a destroyer to tell the truth.) And the lighting bolts just work perfect. The SD on the mast IS the Padres, hope they dont mind.

I hope you like, and if you don't...sorry.

SanDiegoChargers.png

Can you find a Charger in San Diego? Sure, go to you local Dodge dealer and they'd be glad to hook you up with one for a price. :D Or a charger as in the San Diego Chargers, if I'm not mistaken deals with the horse that would be used in Mid-Evil times for jousting.

You're idea, is great. Is it original? No, but how many original ideas do we have today? Not too many. It's kind of hard to reinvent the wheel. Why do I not say that it's original? Because you took the Norfolk Admirals logo and used it. Find a different picture of a battleship and recreate this logo, then you have a winner!

Ok first off there is this place called NORFOLK in VA, that might get a little pissed! See SD is a Pacific fleet location, along with Puget Sound WA and Pearl Harbor HI (HQ Pacific Fleet) and Yokosuka, Japan. So while Cali is the center if the universe for you... um...it isn't to the rest of the world. And...Annapolis is the home to the Naval Academy, not quite the entire Navy.

That being said, the logo could have potential. But not as it is. The SD should be off the conning tower, perhaps moving it to the bow of the ship were the number would go. You might want to look at another type of ship too. Perhaps something more current, since the battleship is not used. If you wanted to use a vintage ship try the USS San Diego.

I am not a purist, when it comes to the Chargers. I mean this is a team named in reference to a Credit Card, so you can go in many directions. The naval link is a unique one for sure, and is definitely worth exploring. Also MS Paint is not an excuse for sloppy work, there are lots of guys (and gals?) on here that make some great stuff using paint. Just take your time and keep it neat.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Archived