Oklahoma Sooners Concept

The A-Train

Obviously there is nothing wrong with Oklahoma's uni's. My only gripe with them is that while they do scream Oklahoma Sooners, they also scream Alabama, Stanford, Georgia, Rutgers, Arkansas, or any other school with a plain red uniform. So I tried to maintain some OK tradition while trying to set them apart from the many other teams with similar uniforms. C&C appreciated.

Palatte.png

Obviously there is nothing wrong with Oklahoma's uni's. My only gripe with them is that while they do scream Oklahoma Sooners, they also scream Alabama, Stanford, Georgia, Rutgers, Arkansas, or any other school with a plain red uniform. So I tried to maintain some OK tradition while trying to set them apart from the many other teams with similar uniforms. C&C appreciated.

you made the crimson helmet even more like Alabama with the stripe and the white helmet is just like Nebraska, so the helmets, no.

shoulder stripes on the jerseys might work, though

to me, they just feel a little forced

Shouldn't the helmet logos (or numbers) differentiate between teams?

The cream, meh, not really my favorite. Kinda looks like the red jersey bled on the white numbers. I don't like these very much at all.

Sorry.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Death to shoulder stripes that only go halfway around. It's been said many times but I'll say it again: it's ludicrous that no uni manufacturer can figure out a way to get stripes all the way around on these jerseys.

So let's see, we want something less like other college unis so we're going to add UCLA shoulder stripes and the Alabama and Nebraska elements as mentioned by others.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. And OU's uniforms are definitely not broke. The only thing you've got here that I wouldn't mind seeing them try is the crimson pants for the road uni and having 'Oklahoma' on the road jerseys (which they did at some point but changed back to 'Sooners'.)

The work you put in on it is appreciated, but sorry, thumbs down.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Thanks for the C&C, but I guess its back to the drawing board.

I'm actually kind of partial to the half stripes. I never really understood what is so terrible about them not going all the way around.

I can see about the helmets now.

And I definitely agree that they aren't broke. I was just trying something different. My main point was that there are way too many teams with plain solid red jerseys.

Thanks for the C&C, but I guess its back to the drawing board.

I'm actually kind of partial to the half stripes. I never really understood what is so terrible about them not going all the way around.

I can see about the helmets now.

And I definitely agree that they aren't broke. I was just trying something different. My main point was that there are way too many teams with plain solid red jerseys.

Simple...because the original design went all the way around and now it doesn't. It looked right before and looks half-finished now.

SB03j.jpgPeyton_Manning_is_a_Gomer.jpg

And please don't take any C & C personally and don't get discouraged by it. You've done something I've never done - a concept of your very own. (My only one was a collaboration.) Accept that some will like it and some won't, that's just the way it goes. Also, it's a much bigger minefield when you 'dare' to change very traditional uniforms. Put some pointy helmet stripes and Bronco pant swooshes on a Packer concept and you might end up in the Witness Protection Program. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Oh, no don't get me wrong I'm not taking it personally. I knew what I was getting into when I decided to do Oklahoma. I was just trying to put a different slant on some old stuff.

Back on the stripes....I look at them as two different design elements. Yeah, back in the day they went almost all the way around (because if you look, ones that went ALL the way around are pretty rare) but now they don't. I think that people disliking the half stripes comes mostly from Uni Watch's condemnation of it. It seems like now if Uni Watch doesn't approve then no one does. Anyway, enough of that. Thanks for the feedback.

Archived