Maple Leafs Concept

aci

Well, this is a concept jersey for the Toronto Maple Leafs. I went through a bunch of variations for it, until I came up with these. They used to be Blue/White/Black, but I figured Leaf fans would throw a fit if I added black to their jerseys.

In the end, I think the uniforms look nicer without the black, except for the logo. The 'T' in the maple leaf was originally black on both versions of the logo, and if anyone thinks it would look better, I can upload the pictures of that later on.

Anyways, the jerseys themselves aren't too different from the originals, just with a more complex striping pattern on the sleeves, and a return of the waist stripes. The alternate is a blend of the new style and the uniforms the team wore in the 1980's and early 90's.

Home:

263dde0.jpg

Away:

2hoemp2.jpg

Alternate:

2m6wcgx.jpg

C&C welcome (as you all know).

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

The striping gets a little crazy but I kind of like it. But the big problem here is that huge sans serif T on the front, then the serif numbers and nameplates.

Thanks for the comments!

I could probably work on the logo/nameplate a bit. I used MS Paint for this, and the 'T' is just hand-drawn. I just used the width of the leaf stem and continued it up. Never crossed my mind to make the T more stylish or anything, or to use an actual font for it. The lettering was just the best thing I came across that looked like it would make a good nameplate font. Something simpler might be good, though, and even what the Leafs have now is pretty nice.

As far as the stripes go, I got the idea from seeing some really old-school uniforms (original 6 era and before) where stripes were really the only decoration, and where teams would do different patterns to remain unique. I thought this pattern was well-balanced and looked good in blue and white.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

Updated the concept.

Stylized the 'T' within the logo a bit, made the stripes on the jersey smaller, toned down the nameplate font somewhat and made the stripes on the socks larger.

Home 2:

15zgbp.jpg

Away 2:

2yy2o1z.jpg

Alternate 2:

2cypag3.jpg

(Soon to come, the Los Angeles Kings)

The logo doesn't do anything for me, the T just gets lost in the leaf. The striping is way too thin, and way too many lines. The alternate will never fly, that Ballard era jersey is a curse and should be burned and never spoken of again! The font for the numbers is too...girly? and not fit for the back of a hockey jersey.

Also, when was there ever any black in the Maple Leafs color set?

The logo doesn't do anything for me, the T just gets lost in the leaf. The striping is way too thin, and way too many lines. The alternate will never fly, that Ballard era jersey is a curse and should be burned and never spoken of again! The font for the numbers is too...girly? and not fit for the back of a hockey jersey.

Also, when was there ever any black in the Maple Leafs color set?

The Ballard era jersey is my favourite of theirs, actually. But then again, I'm not a Leafs fan.

And they've never had black, which was why eventually decided against it. It IS a concept, though, which was why it was considered. I also used double-blue, like the Toronto Argonauts (albeit different shades), but I thought it looked very minor-league.

Archived