Need The Years This Jersey Was Worn...

robbman21

Just wondering if anyone can tell me the years that the Blazers wore the black

"Portland" script jerseys in the 70's.I have found pics that look like they also wore red road jerseys at this time with the long-time "blazers" lower-case wordmark.

All I need to know id the years or year they wore the black one with that scripted wordmark and whether or not it was an alt. or road.Thanks!!

Robb K.

98Falcons.png

Just wondering if anyone can tell me the years that the Blazers wore the black

"Portland" script jerseys in the 70's.I have found pics that look like they also wore red road jerseys at this time with the long-time "blazers" lower-case wordmark.

All I need to know id the years or year they wore the black one with that scripted wordmark and whether or not it was an alt. or road.Thanks!!

Robb K.

Robb,

The black versions are strictly Nike fashion jerseys. It wasn't until the 1977/78 season that the Blazers officially wore road black jerseys.

Hope this helps! B)

Frylock

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Thanks Frylock,

It does help some as it saves me the embarrassment of making a black Walton rookie jersey and trying to put it on my website with a straight face.So I am guessing that they wore the red jerseys with the 'Portland' script up until the championship season?Any info on this would be great too.Thanks!

98Falcons.png

I checked my sources against my own memory, and I was surprisingly correct.

They changed to the up-and-down/vertical wordmark in the 1975-1976 season. The season BEFORE the championship in 1976-1977.

I saw that 1976-1977 team live; great team - one of the best teams ever in terms of teamwork. Kind of a collective intelligence - like the Borg.

Couldn't read that flippin' script from the stands though...

Pantone thank you SOO much!This means I can just make the Walton jersey in red or white and label it as what he wore his first year in the league.Thank you again and once I finish this jersey I will email you or PM you with pics of the jersey for you to critique.Thanks!!!

98Falcons.png

Archived