Differences between AL and NL

Swiss

Despite being a Brewers fan, I actually preferred the NL style of ball growing up. It just seemed much more fluid compared to the AL which seemed slower and more drawn out.

Unfortunately, by the time the Crew switched leagues, the NL had turned into the AL without a DH.

Yes, it's kind of sad what the NL has become. The Cardinals were the perfect example of what an NL team should be. Now, the stolen bases, sac. bunts, and pitching strategy isn't nearly as important as it used to be because runs aren't as valuable as they once were when every game seemed like it was 2-1 or 3-2. Now with all of the home runs, it's just not the same.

I hear ya...though at least homers have been coming down somewhat...not that it's still like it had been of course.

Along the same line, I'm glad Citifield is being designed as a pitchers park. Of course you won't know for sure how the ball will carry, how it plays, etc. If only they had more foul territory...but we all know why the new parks don't of course... (Though base to dugout I think will be larger than Shea...)

This is true. CBP was actually engineered to play much differently than it actually does, but (according to some stories I read a few years ago) once the Vet was actually imploded, the lack of a structure in that area dramatically changed the way that the wind plays, and turned the park into more of a homer-friendly park than was intended.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived