Green Bay Packers (skate)board

Dave Ship

This is a brand new field of work to me, so I'm quite anxious to know what you think about this. Obviously, I'll be really grateful to all of view who could give me the right inputs to improve, where possible, my latest job.

Here's the idea: several months ago, as a joke with some friends, I come up with a graphic identity for a skateboarding brand (clothes, boards, accessories, etc...). Only now I decide to create something, and I immediately think about a fusion between skateboarding and sport worlds.

My first creation is a board with the Green Bay Packers franchise as subject. I like their color combo (well, honestly I tweaked up a bit the yellow to light gold), I like their logo too, so I pick them up for my first skateboard concept.

Quick facts:

- REAR -

// dark green monochrome base

// light green and gold grunge effects

// "THE FROZEN TUNDRA" script to celebrate the Lambeau Field

// some quotes from Vince Lombardi

// "G" and CLEVA logos

- FRONT -

// full grip surface

// "G" logo in the middle

gbpskatelayout5ao6.jpg

This is a brand new field of work to me, so I'm quite anxious to know what you think about this. Obviously, I'll be really grateful to all of view who could give me the right inputs to improve, where possible, my latest job.

Here's the idea: several months ago, as a joke with some friends, I come up with a graphic identity for a skateboarding brand (clothes, boards, accessories, etc...). Only now I decide to create something, and I immediately think about a fusion between skateboarding and sport worlds.

My first creation is a board with the Green Bay Packers franchise as subject. I like their color combo (well, honestly I tweaked up a bit the yellow to light gold), I like their logo too, so I pick them up for my first skateboard concept.

Quick facts:

- REAR -

// dark green monochrome base

// light green and gold grunge effects

// "THE FROZEN TUNDRA" to celebrate the Lambeau Field

// some quotes from Vince Lombardi

// "G" and CLEVA logos

- FRONT -

// full grip surface

// "G" logo in the middle

gbpskatelayout3dt2.jpg

I like this type of concept, cool idea, the board looks really good, are you planning on doing other teams? I am looking forward to the next board concept!

brandonjbrown

reds.png

brandon11.png1975Reds.png

That looks really nice!

I'd have to say, though, the traditional Packers Gold would probably stand out more against the green. Although I do like the gold you've used, I think it would be tougher to see, especially on a sunny day on a skateboard. I also think you could incorporate the helmet stripe in there somehow. Not exactly sure how that would work, but you could give it a try, and with your skills I'm sure you could make it work.

TDZiMMB.png

I like it, and I'm looking at it design wise. You could also take this to the next level and do snow boards, wake boards, and heck even surf boards! Monopolize that's what I say! Oh wait, that's the NFL's motto! :P

Archived