West Virginia in white at home?

oddball

?White-Out? much deserved for standout QB

By Bob Hertzel

The Times West Virginian

December 6, 2008

MORGANTOWN ? Considering the charmed career West Virginia University quarterback Patrick White has had leading into this last hurrah in what started out as Mountaineer Field and which became Milan Puskar Stadium at Mountaineer Field, in no small part because of the magic White performed on the artificial surface, it figures to snow tonight.

Big, fluffy white snowflakes drifting through the night mountain air, giving a misty white glow to an evening that already has been designated as a ?White-Out,? which in the modern vernacular means that fans come decked in white or waving white towels (that, by the way, are available for sale).

The players themselves will honor their record-shattering teammate by wearing white jerseys, something that took special dispensation from the NCAA and the gracious visiting team, South Florida.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Anyone watching the West Virginia-South Florida game in the snow? Is there a reason why the Mountaineers are wearing white at home?

This is WV's Senior Night, and among the seniors is one of the best players in the program's history, Pat White.

Edit: I see Survival79 just beat me to it, barely.

CCSLC signature.png

Archived