Shellbacks concept

JJSCOTT

Was doing some drawing last night and came up with this guy. Figured I would play around with a concept design using him. Just for fun but would love some feedback.

Did a mascot logo then another with just the shell maybe as a secondary or for helmet if football. Then took a font I had and created the "S" from the logo for wordmark.

shellbacks.jpg

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

I like it, it's different. Kinda has that "I'm a Ninja Turtle without being a Ninja Turtle" feel.

And I disagree with CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK in that the purple looks good. I've always thought a green/purple combo looks pretty cool, and very unique.

Can't wait to see where this goes!

TDZiMMB.png

LOOKS COOL

WHY ARE THE SHELLS DIFFERENT?

I WOULD PUT THE STAND ALONE SHELL ON THE TURTLE

AND IM NOT DIGGING' THE PURPLE

JJ: Logos look good... But if you are trying to get away from a ninja turtle feel, Don't use Red, Orange, Blue or Purple in the concept... It's sub-conscious, can't help but to think 'Donatello'.

BIGBAD: No Seriously, the button is just over to the left there <--- It looks like this...

capslock.jpg

Whatever gimmick you were going for... you missed..

canada.png

I figured it was only a matter of time before the ninja turtle comment was dropped :P Didn't realize the Donitello look til i was done dropping the colors in. The purple/green combo was totally random... I just asked somebody to pick 2 colors to put together for a team... weird that they chose those colors without knowing the team mascot was a turtle.

Here are changes based on some of the suggestions...

Not a fan of the black and green just seems to plain to me to.

Don't mind the more detailed shell but didn't mind the less detailed one either.

shellbacksedit.jpg

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

Archived