Re-Designing the EIHL

Hathaway Browne

Well I decided to do a partial "what if", partial re-design of the UK's Elite Ice Hockey League and came up with the logos below.

A couple of disclaimers first off...

I did not create the EIHL logo - that already exists (you can see it here), however I re-drew it in Inkscape, and as much as it is a necessary evil over here, I abhor the title sponsorship so I ditched the bmibaby logo.

As I started playing around with the logo, I decided that the league could easily have 2 divisions and I utilised the bmi surrounding to make the Conference shields. (Just for fun, like the NHL and its French logo I added two Welsh versions).

I then crated the All Star Game logo and took inspiration from the NHL's "London Premiere" logo to crate the EIHL Opening Day logo.

Well here goes...

3118217309_dbd6fc0948_o.jpg

I have also began vectorising some of the existing team logos (7 done so far and 5 from the lower Premier League) as well as bringing back two defunct team logos.

I also planned to try and re-imagine some of the weaker EIHL team logos, but I've hit a brick wall at the moment. And I don't think my jersey designing skills are up to scratch yet.

EDIT: Here's the team logo's I've done so far..

3118248103_c332f42c23_o.jpg

L-R: Top Row: Liverpool Riverkings*, Newcastle Vipers, Basingstoke Bison, Slough Jets, Nottingham Panthers

Middle Row: Hull Stingrays, Edinburgh Capitals, Guildford Flames, Bracknell Bees, Solihull/Birmingham Barons

Bottom Row: Dundee Stars (my own logo), Sheffield Steelers, London Knights*, Cardiff Devils.

*The London Knights are defunct and the Riverkings originally played in Newcastle before folding and being ultimately replaced by the Vipers.

6893352392_587cf4e9eb_n.jpg

I know you didn't make all of those logos but its crazy how this league is stealing logos. You have modified versions of the Buffalo Sabres logo from the red and Black era, the Calargy Flames C logo, the Sarnia Sting Alternate logo and a former North Carolina Stingrays logo. It seems to be that devils logo is not original either, but I forget.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Your concepts need to be bigger so we can actually see them.

Whoops! I though they were visible. I've now changed the images, you should be able to click on them now.

At first glance I'd say lose the white socks and have them match the jersey color. The secondary logo looks good, but does it match the trident from the original logo? It's hard to see but it looks close from what I can see.

The trident doesn't exactly match. The original one is a bit more thicker in the prongs.

Point taken though, it should really match.

I know you didn't make all of those logos but its crazy how this league is stealing logos.

You have modified versions of the Buffalo Sabres logo from the red and Black era, the Calargy Flames C logo, the Sarnia Sting Alternate logo and a former North Carolina Stingrays logo. It seems to be that devils logo is not original either, but I forget.

I know! :lol: Bracknell has to be one of the most blatant of all of them. And the EIHL is part of the NHL Network, so the NHL is seemingly turning a blind eye. :oops:

But then there are some other teams with original logos that are just awful. I'd love to be able to re-design them, but I'm in a bit of a "writers block" at the moment.

Archived