Tony Dungy to Retire

FiddySicks

I am 99% sure Bill Cowher will never come back. I am 100% certain that Tony Dungy is gone for good.

Cowher was going to interview for the Jets job until he learned that the owner was on vacation in Europe and wouldn't take part in the interviews. Told him all he needed to know about the organization, and he cancelled the meeting. But if he was considering the Jets, I'd say that it's a near-lock he'll make a move back at some point.

He has his ring and the legacy of being the man behind Peyton Manning. I'd say if that doesn't put him in Canton down the road, then what were they thinking?

I don't think Mike Holmgren is worthy of the Hall of Fame either, and he actually had a lot to do with making Favre a great player. When Dungy came to Indianapolis, Manning was already a great veteran talent with awards, records and Pro Bowl selections under his belt. I don't see how Dungy gets any special credit for what he's accomplished.

I am 99% sure Bill Cowher will never come back. I am 100% certain that Tony Dungy is gone for good.

Cowher was going to interview for the Jets job until he learned that the owner was on vacation in Europe and wouldn't take part in the interviews. Told him all he needed to know about the organization, and he cancelled the meeting. But if he was considering the Jets, I'd say that it's a near-lock he'll make a move back at some point.

He has his ring and the legacy of being the man behind Peyton Manning. I'd say if that doesn't put him in Canton down the road, then what were they thinking?

I don't think Mike Holmgren is worthy of the Hall of Fame either, and he actually had a lot to do with making Favre a great player. When Dungy came to Indianapolis, Manning was already a great veteran talent with awards, records and Pro Bowl selections under his belt. I don't see how Dungy gets any special credit for what he's accomplished.

Tampa BEFORE Dungy arrived: 3 playoff appearances

Tampa AFTER Dungy arrived: 4 playoff appearances after 6 years, plus it can be argued that John Gruden won while cooking with Dungy's groceries.

Indy WITH ONLY Peyton: 2 playoff appearances in 4 tries

Indy WITH Peyton AND Dungy: Didn't miss the playoffs.

The man brought success with him wherever he went. Dungy is a lock for the HOF.

Tampa BEFORE Dungy arrived: 3 playoff appearances

Tampa AFTER Dungy arrived: 4 playoff appearances after 6 years, plus it can be argued that John Gruden won while cooking with Dungy's groceries.

Indy WITH ONLY Peyton: 2 playoff appearances in 4 tries

Indy WITH Peyton AND Dungy: Didn't miss the playoffs.

The man brought success with him wherever he went. Dungy is a lock for the HOF.

And he only won a single ring. That's no lock at all.

Archived