Islanders 3rds to become primaries

cmm

The lighthouse secondary was outstanding and ought to be brought back as a shoulder patch in the current colors. The fisherman was a great idea but poor execution. The rest of that overhaul was awful.

The lighthouse may go down as one of the most undeservedly short-lived logos in sports. The fisherman backlash was so massive, they tossed the baby out with the bathwater. I'd love to see the lighthouse back on at least one shoulder, and would kill to see it front and center on an alt. Maybe if Wang and company's Lighthouse Project dreams become reality.

And while the fisherman may be up there as one of the all-time worst, it's definitely in guilty-pleasure territory for me, and I'm glad to own one. One of my favorite aspects has to be the rear numbers, curved to follow the contour of the wavy hem striping. Goofy '90s excess, sure, but still awesome.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived