Islanders 3rds to become primaries

cmm

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any Isles uniform post-1994 is god awful.

Except, of course, the ones they used to wear from 1998-99 to 2006-07.

But then again, the Islanders current 3rd jerseys look WAAAAY better than their current primary jerseys.

YOZXkBG.png?1

NHL needs to go back to white at home. the isles need to switch back to the CCM jerseys before the crappy edge style came in. actually, every team should go back to the CCM jerseys before the whole lockout/ edge takeover.

I disagree with the bolded part. The edge jerseys that need to change are the ones with repetitive and often boring patterns. The teams who used enough creativity during that oppurtunity for change can keep what they have.

Also it's really funny how you and the preceding 2 posters have the exact same avatar!

But then again, the Islanders current 3rd jerseys look WAAAAY better than their current primary jerseys.

And that, I think, is the relevant point.

Are the current alts the best sweaters the team has ever worn? No. But the current primaries are so awful, and the alts so much closer to the best they've worn, that this is an instant upgrade.

I'll give the Islanders credit - only the 49ers are more willing to admit when they've made a uniform mistake and then correct it.

NHL needs to go back to white at home. the isles need to switch back to the CCM jerseys before the crappy edge style came in. actually, every team should go back to the CCM jerseys before the whole lockout/ edge takeover.

I disagree with the bolded part. The edge jerseys that need to change are the ones with repetitive and often boring patterns. The teams who used enough creativity during that oppurtunity for change can keep what they have.

Also it's really funny how you and the preceding 2 posters have the exact same avatar!

I disagree with your disagreeing.

Color wise, it's better for the home team to stay white and let the fans see the multiple colors that are the other team, as opposed to the visiting team always (well, pretty much always) being white and the home team being dark. Mix it up a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally! :D

Oh, and if you've ever read the Islanders lease with the County, it is debilitating for them to leave. There is no escape clause; they flat out can't leave without the County's approval. Plus, the County approved the arena, just not the Lighthouse project.

Sorry, I just get a little hot under the collar about the Islanders. :evil:

Oh, and if you've ever read the Islanders lease with the County, it is debilitating for them to leave. There is no escape clause; they flat out can't leave without the County's approval. Plus, the County approved the arena, just not the Lighthouse project.

The lease the Isles have with the County is a bit draconian. Don't know why they ever would have signed it in the first place, but you're right. It would be nearly impossible for the Isles to break the lease before 2015 IIRC.

However, Nassau County gave their approval for the entire lighthouse project. It is the Town of Hempstead who has yet to approve the lighthouse project but has approved an arena. Too many redundant layers of government in New York State in general and in Nassau County in particular.

Nassau County gave their approval for the entire lighthouse project. It is the Town of Hempstead who has yet to approve the lighthouse project but has approved an arena. Too many redundant layers of government in New York State in general and in Nassau County in particular.

I'm still not sure what a hamlet is. It sounds like a miniature burger, like a slider.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Color wise, it's better for the home team to stay white and let the fans see the multiple colors that are the other team, as opposed to the visiting team always (well, pretty much always) being white and the home team being dark. Mix it up a bit.

In an age when you can find your team playing on the road at least once a week on tv this argument loses all merit.

Colours at home is the way to go. It allows for the home crowd to see alternates without throwing off the road team's uniform arrangements.

Plus white one the road is apparently easier on the equipment managers.

In an age when you can find your team playing on the road at least once a week on tv this argument loses all merit.

Colours at home is the way to go. It allows for the home crowd to see alternates without throwing off the road team's uniform arrangements.

Plus white one the road is apparently easier on the equipment managers.

Couldn't agree more - color at home makes so much more sense to me.

I do prefer the lace-up uniforms:

nj-ig.jpg

B)

They really need to ditch the curved hemlines - Guerin looks like he's wearing a diaper.

Yep, and the non-connecting sock stripes.

That poor lassie, she's freezing her navel ring off!

Non-connecting stripes? Curved hemlines? I can't even see Guerin in that shot

:P:D

The lease the Isles have with the County is a bit draconian. Don't know why they ever would have signed it in the first place, but you're right. It would be nearly impossible for the Isles to break the lease before 2015 IIRC.

However, Nassau County gave their approval for the entire lighthouse project. It is the Town of Hempstead who has yet to approve the lighthouse project but has approved an arena. Too many redundant layers of government in New York State in general and in Nassau County in particular.

Even though I would hate to lose the Islanders, I don't want the lighthouse being built. I live right down the block from the coliseum and it would ruin the area. A new arena would be fine but Wang is just getting greedy with the lighthouse.

yankees-1.png

Archived