Islanders 3rds to become primaries

cmm

The Isles' old PR guy now has a blog about the team, and he said they're going to use their current 3rd jerseys as their primary jerseys as soon as they can (assuming they don't move to KC, which is why he added the Royal Blue bit at the end):

http://www.islanderspointblank.com/2009/01...t-the-old-barn/

"A league source tells Point Blank that while the deadline has passed, the Islanders are still working with the NHL to clear their vintage mid-?70s jerseys as their primary uniform for next season. It figures to be an uphill battle, probably because there?s inventory of their first RBK uniform ?systems? still around. Nevertheless, the Islanders are pushing to make the move. Worse-case scenario: the Islanders wear their once-and-future jerseys for 20 games next year and then go full-time in 2010-11.

By the way, don?t read anything into those vintage sweaters being Royal Blue."

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's an inferior, earlier variation of their dynasty uniforms. And then there's those sock stripes - no, wait, they aren't there.

And I actually like the Isles' Edge set, so this strikes me as a dumb move all around. Perfectly befitting the franchise.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

They should've just went back to the uniforms they had before The Great EDGEucution. Those were my favorite Isles uniforms. The psuedo-throwbacks are just kinda lame looking to me. The only good that comes out of this is that the uniforms they have now are on the way out. I've always disliked those.

ha ha classic islanders. they do this every time they alter their look. first with the fishermans and now with the EDGEs.

now just tweak the jerseys to match these and we're good to go.

islanders%20-%20stanley%20cup.jpg

oh and ISOT these guys back from the early 80's and send the current team to a random sea of time and we are good. ^_^

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

The Islanders going back to the classic design? Isn't it ironic that they keep changing what works, and keep trotting out crap realizing that no one wants the crap they trot out and they have to keep going back to the classics. Just stop changing and keep what really works.

I guess they are making this change , so they would make some money of selling the 3rd jerseys by switching them to their primary ( Im hoping the Leafs do the same, by that having a classic look as well ).

Other than that, I think it is a great idea, because I like their 3rd jerseys better than their current primary, as well as others who are a fan of the Islanders 3rd jerseys.

Hopefully it works out...for now.

4kv29i.jpg

I wish the change were to the Dynasty Years jerseys. Either that or if they are going to use the inaugural season jerseys they could at least keep them royal blue and change the number color to orange as they were in the beginning.

The only jerseys I dslike more than the current edge set were the fishsticks jersey.

I prefer the current Edge jerseys, BUT it's nice to see the Islanders have finally decided to just end this dual identities thing. The throwbacks are just close enough yet different enough from their past two primary sets that it was annoying. While I feel like they're going with the inferior choice, at least they'll have picked one identity.

I do prefer the lace-up uniforms:

nj-ig.jpg

B)

Always thinking about the opposite sex, geesh, you need to get laid :P

Not really digging the blue, but really dig the uniforms

You saying you're more focused on the same sex? :blink:

Gary, this is an evironment of trust and safety. If there's anything you'd like to share with us, we're here as a supportive, cohesive system for you. Be who you are, Gary. Not who you think we want you to be.

Feel the love, Gary. Feel the love.

nj-ig.jpg

B)

Always thinking about the opposite sex, geesh, you need to get laid :P

Not really digging the blue, but really dig the uniforms

You saying you're more focused on the same sex? :blink:

Gary, this is an evironment of trust and safety. If there's anything you'd like to share with us, we're here as a supportive, cohesive system for you. Be who you are, Gary. Not who you think we want you to be.

Feel the love, Gary. Feel the love.

No, No, she is hot, i'm just saying you need to get laid

Back to the thread

nj-ig.jpg

B)

They really need to ditch the curved hemlines - Guerin looks like he's wearing a diaper.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived