Angels Concept

JayJaxon

I am currently working on several different things (I like to stay busy) But I wanted to re-visit the Angels concept because I would really like to get this right. I made the blue lighter, and added an even lighter blue as a drop shadow. I wanted to show the cap logo for the first time in this set, and I've done all I feel I can to separate it from the Atlanta Braves 'A'. I'm up for any suggestions on the wordmark and Cap logo as I seem to be all out of ideas on my end. I appreciate you guys checking it out and I hope to get some good feedback.

Angels_set2.png

I was just going to say how much I loved the color scheme of the Disney era uniforms. I like the step but would darken the primary darker blue just a bit and dull down the powder. Also, did you try making the piping the two tone blue? The uniform on the whole looks a bit too heavy on the red.

Two-tone blue piping isn't a bad idea at all. So what you are suggesting is pretty much make both tones of blue a bit darker?

BTW, I tried putting that 'A' on a blue cap and I went with red to avoid it still looking too much like the Braves.

Two-tone blue piping isn't a bad idea at all. So what you are suggesting is pretty much make both tones of blue a bit darker?

BTW, I tried putting that 'A' on a blue cap and I went with red to avoid it still looking too much like the Braves.

Actually I think he's saying make the dark blue darker, and the light blue lighter and less saturated. It reads closer to Carolina Panthers blue, when it should be closer to UNC Carolina blue. I really like the two-tone blue piping idea. I think I'll name this concept Virginia Slim because it's come a long way, baby. BTW, happy 400th post to me!

Thanks for the input Scotty and bohob.

I made the blue as dark as it was in the days of the 'California' Angels. I also used two different blue brop shadows to see what direction I should go in. The first is a blue from the Disney era that scottysprings eluded to a few minutes ago, and the other is the true UNC Carolina blue that bohob suggested. Which would work better?

Cap_logos.png

bohob, congrats on your 400th post ;)

Well, that light blue might be a tad lighter than what I pictured, but I think the Disney era periwinkle would show up better at a distance when placed on a white or grey jersey. However, the periwinkle doesn't quite look right with the yellow. What about a hybrid of the two? Also, since red and blue is such a common combination, try a deep royal or slate for the darker blue. I think it would be a big step in differentiating the Angels from the myriad of blue/red and red/blue teams out there, especially Texas. Something that is lighter than navy, but darker than royal, so it doesn't vibrate with the red. I hope that helps.

Archived