Inkscape question!

GoDawgs08

Ok, I'm a novice here. I just did one half of my first inkscape concept and I have two questions hopefully someone can answer for me.

1) I'm not done, but, when I am how do I save/convert...whatever... my file to get it where I can upload it to post here? Photobuket doesnt even take svg of course... I dont know much about this stuff and I'm very confused!!

2) Ok, so the template (the svg probasketball template that was posted in the svg movement forum if anyone remembers) has dark red and black as the template color. So...I made a colored jersey, but how can I switch the object color to white without it dissapearing...or more specifically is there a way to outline the object?

mabe this can become an inkscape help forum so i dont take up space! but if anyone can help me out id be much appreciated!

temp.png

Ok, I'm a novice here. I just did one half of my first inkscape concept and I have two questions hopefully someone can answer for me.

1) I'm not done, but, when I am how do I save/convert...whatever... my file to get it where I can upload it to post here? Photobuket doesnt even take svg of course... I dont know much about this stuff and I'm very confused!!

2) Ok, so the template (the svg probasketball template that was posted in the svg movement forum if anyone remembers) has dark red and black as the template color. So...I made a colored jersey, but how can I switch the object color to white without it dissapearing...or more specifically is there a way to outline the object?

mabe this can become an inkscape help forum so i dont take up space! but if anyone can help me out id be much appreciated!

If you ever need help and don't want to take up space feel free to PM me. Anyway,

1: drag a selection around all the objects you want to be saved in the bitmap image and go to file > Export Bitmap. If it's not already selected, make sure you click "Selection" in that dialog box.

2: I'm afraid I'm a little lost here. I know exactly the template you are talking about, but the bolded part is confusing me. Can you explain further or post a screenshot or something? I'm sure I know the answer but I don't get the question. And to outline (stroke), select the object you want to stroke and go to Object > Fill And Stroke and play around with the Stroke Paint and Stroke Style tabs. I think you will learn better if you explore those tabs on your own instead of me just telling you flat out.

Also, I will go over all of these things in great detail whenever Scotty and I are going to do the videos. I appreciate your questions because it helps me get a sense of what new people might struggle the most in.

Archived