Utah Rockies Concept

DustDevil61

Here's my first concept that I just finished, post-computer-cleaning and flash-drive-losing. The team name is the Utah Rockies, a recycled NHL name and also a proposed name for a 1976 ABA team that would have been the merged Spirits of St. Louis/Utah Stars. The colors seem a bit Islanderish, but I tried to sneek in some light blue for some differentiation. Anyways, I hope you like.

Utah Rockies Concept

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Love those orange alts with the mountains. The other two don't really do much for me. I think you're on the right track with the logo, but it's not quite there yet - is it supposed to be a mountain coming out of an orange rock? And the secondary is a bit uninspired...what if you straightened out the U and used the negative space to make a shape of Utah? Just some thoughts, I think it's an excellent start.

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

Love those orange alts with the mountains. The other two don't really do much for me. I think you're on the right track with the logo, but it's not quite there yet - is it supposed to be a mountain coming out of an orange rock? And the secondary is a bit uninspired...what if you straightened out the U and used the negative space to make a shape of Utah? Just some thoughts, I think it's an excellent start.

Ah, it's my Paint skills (more like the lack thereof) showing thorugh. But here's what the logo is supposed to mean: The Mountains aren't supposed to be coming up out of an orange rock--it's more of a scenery/location thing. Noticing that the mountains are above the orange rocks, it's kind of symbolic of Utah: Up north, mountains are everywhere, like the Wasatch Front, and below it (south) are mesas, found around places like St. George, Moab, and the like. I was kind of inspired by the Utah Jazz logo, with the mountains. Being from southern Utah, I liked the copper in the Jazz's 97-04 uniforms because I felt that it represented southern Utah, and that led be to bring in the "orange rock."

This is a work in progress, and I'm trying the straightened U with a negative space for Utah for a logo, and am making tweaks in the mountain/mesa logo to hopefully spice it up some more.

By the way, what is meant by making the Utah outline more realistic? Hmm...that also gives me another idea...

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

• 1 month later...

--Bump--

While I haven't finished (or really started) the uniforms, I did manage to make a second pair of "U" logos: One that's somewhat more western-looking with the state outline in the negative space, and one that's based off of Delicate Arch (which is often found on the license plates):

3561672741_8f21871f5b_o.png

Let me know what you think!

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

Archived