NBA All-Star Jerseys

jinxcat

I happened to stumble across some pics of the ASG from a few years back when the players in the game (not just the slam dunk and 3-point competitions) wore their actual jerseys, instead of special ASG jerseys. Now, I have neither the time nor talent to pull this off, but I'm wondering how it might look if the players wore their own jerseys, but in the ASG host team's colors. Sure, there would be controversy (remember the Lakers' shamrock t-shirts?), but considering the popularity of the Recolor Madness posts which pop up here from time to time, I think it might be a nice and welcome change from the usual hideous jerseys which are usually featured each year. I'm not looking for a marketing feasibility study, but feel free to debate that as well...I'm just wondering if the idea intrigues anyone. Thoughts?

I happened to stumble across some pics of the ASG from a few years back when the players in the game (not just the slam dunk and 3-point competitions) wore their actual jerseys, instead of special ASG jerseys. Now, I have neither the time nor talent to pull this off, but I'm wondering how it might look if the players wore their own jerseys, but in the ASG host team's colors. Sure, there would be controversy (remember the Lakers' shamrock t-shirts?), but considering the popularity of the Recolor Madness posts which pop up here from time to time, I think it might be a nice and welcome change from the usual hideous jerseys which are usually featured each year. I'm not looking for a marketing feasibility study, but feel free to debate that as well...I'm just wondering if the idea intrigues anyone. Thoughts?

That would be pretty cool;

In the old days, like in the 70's, I think a few times they did something similar, by modeling the all-star jerseys after the NBA Champions' jerseys. Like in 1979 I think they had some stripey jerseys like the Bullets.

That would be pretty cool;

In the old days, like in the 70's, I think a few times they did something similar, by modeling the all-star jerseys after the NBA Champions' jerseys. Like in 1979 I think they had some stripey jerseys like the Bullets.

Peeked at youtube just now, I may have been imagining things a little bit; 1979 was stripey but not really like the Bullets. But 1978 looked a lot like the Blazers design; 1977 was generic but the road team looked green like the Celtics...

That would be awesome, except if the ASG is in Boston, A green/white Lakers jersey would be sacrilige. Same with a Purple/Gold Celtics jersey if it was back in LA (And it was a Lakers sponsored ASG, not Clippers)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived