Toronto Thunder hockey

DelayedPenalty

Well, it has been a very slow week at work, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, since it has allowed me a lot of time to work on some concepts of my own. For he upcoming season of my fantasy hockey league I've been really focussed on designing my own logos, rather than modifying existing team's stuff, like I did last year. Here is a logo and uniform concept for MY fantasy hockey team in the Facebook Hockey League, the Toronto Thunder. I moved the team from Saskatchewan, where they were based last season, using a modified Marshall Thundering Herd logo.

Primary Logo: CN Tower poking through the clouds, lightning strike below

Thunder-Primary-No-Wordmark.png

Seconday Logo: Based on the Toronto city flag, forms a T, also the shape of the Toronto City Hall (hence the slight curve to the top)

Thunder-Secondary.png

Uniforms: I kept things fairly traditional, but with a bit of an edge. I tried more agressive number fonts, but they didn't seem to work with the cartoonish nature of the logos, so I went with something curvy, with a slight edge. The jerseys say Gilmour because he is the fictional GM of my team, coached by Wendel Clark, assistant coaches Rick Vaive and Tie Domi.

Toronto-Thunder-Uniform-Set.png

You know the drill! C&C like usual. What's working, what's not? Suggestions for a second shoulder patch?

I would try and make the top of the CN Tower more upright. As it is, it looks like it is falling down which isn't a good thing at all. I would also work on the "T" logo a little bit, as it sort of looks like it reads "TF" to me. Finally, I suggest working on the colors, as they remind me more of lightning than thunder.

maybe too close to the Lightning but those are SO COOL!

The pants, yes, I drew inspiration from Tampa Bay, but the rest? Not even close, thank you though.

The more I look at those numbers the more I hate them, and realize that they don't really fit well with the concept. I'm going to change them...which will have to wait til Monday since the file is on my computer at work...damnit :(

maybe too close to the Lightning but those are SO COOL!

The pants, yes, I drew inspiration from Tampa Bay, but the rest? Not even close, thank you though.

The more I look at those numbers the more I hate them, and realize that they don't really fit well with the concept. I'm going to change them...which will have to wait til Monday since the file is on my computer at work...damnit :(

seriously, they're called the thunder. thunder and lightning? I was joking, dude

Don't worry, I still think it's awesome. As in, it inspires awe

sig2_by_sergeiofrussia.png

Updates and new additions!

I wasn't happy with the number font I used, so I decided to change it. I've gone with Vancouver's font, because it's more traditional, but slightly rounded, but still has an edge to it. I also changed the name font to the same.

I tweaked the shoulder "T" logo slightly, because patsox said that readability as an issue. I think closing the gap in the middle helped a bit, but I can still sort of see the F he's talking about, but I don't think there's much that I can do about it, while still keeping the original intent of the logo in tact.

I also decided to create some alternate uniforms. The first is just a basic alternate using the secondary logo. I changed up the striping from the home and road to a traditional striping pattern, because I felt it fit the style of the logo. I also created a "retro" alternate. I'll come up with some phony team history behind it eventually, but for now, just roll with it! The brown pants and helmet simulate the natural leather pants that would have been worn "back in the day". Think Toronto St. Pats alternate that the Leafs wore a few years ago.

In regards to the color scheme, I think I'm going to leave it the way it is, possibly a more golden color, though then it starts looking too Penguins-eque. I tried silver instead of yellow, and I tried blue instead of yellow, but I think the yellow works best. Yes it's a color associated with lightning, but without lightning there is no thunder, so the two go hand in hand.

C&C always appreciated!

Toronto-Thunder-Uniform-Set-1.png

Toronto-Thunder-Alternate-Uniform-S.png

Nobody? Do I need to make my concepts suck a little bit more? The crappy ones always seem to get the most attention...

I hear ya man...

I actually REALLY like the T logo. Not sure on the cloud logo, since the CN Tower comes out of nowhere. Lastly I love the jerseys. Don't change anything.

Archived