Philadelphia 76ers Concept

AAO

I really like this concept, and the bell looks fantastic. A few suggestions though: I would like to see you arch the wordmark either above or below the bell (below would look best IMO). Right now it seems to me that the wordmark is much larger than the bell itself and it kinda looks like two different logos thrown together. Also, the wordmark contains no red at all, while it is the main color of the bell. Just a few suggestions, nothing really wrong with this, you did a great job.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Obviously we are getting to the point of just throwing out minor suggestions on an already great logo. but my two cents here are changin the 76 on your primary to red as someone noted that there is no red in the wordmark portion of that logo and it would match the red 76 on the secondary. For me I would like the 76 to be bigger than the 'ers' at least in the secondary. maybe have the 76 hang lower than the 'ers' and thus covering more empty white space in the basketball. I really like that new secondary logo you made as it kind of resembles an updated version of there old primary. love it. oh yeah and i like the new positioning of the stars on the ends of the word 76ers.

Much gooder than anything I could have ever hoped to come up with.

I love the idea behind the swinging bell and the ball within being the "pendulum". Also, nice choice of script type. Has that old-timer feel to it that I suppose the Sixers were going for when they basically decided toreintroduce the 1980-whatever look.

All that said, I have one major hang-up:

The logo depicts a bell in motion, whereas the wordmark is rather flat and, well, static. It's almost as if they really don't match.

BUT...that's just me. And far be it from me to try to make that the downfall of one of the best Sixers rebrands I've seen around here.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I don't ever follow basketball, but to me the red "76" amd blue "ers" are a very important part of the identity. You've done an excellent job, but when "76ers" is all one color it doesn't say Philadelphia NBA basketball to me, it looks like just another concept.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

The bell is off...and I can't believe I am the only one that sees it. First off it is not flared out enough. It is not the correct shape of the liberty bell. Second the top is just skewed wrong. It is kinda bent and twisted at the same time. To clarify the bell is facing the viewer, and the top is facing slightly to the right. And the top seems to slope back. I like the idea; it is just that the bell shape bothers me.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Archived