Rebranding the ABA

Hoopskid

Alright, so I thought this would be a unique project. Most leagues have been re-branded around here, but I thought I'd try doing a league that doesn't exist any more.

For the logos I'm going to be basically updating what the teams had. Sometimes I'll do a little tweak, sometimes I'll add some elements and sometimes I'll combine looks. The colors will be those that seem most fitting that the team wore.

The uniforms will be realistic designs for that time frame, but something that would be considered "modern" back in those days. So without further ado, I present to you the Anaheim Amigos. Logos are a simple update of the past and uniforms are also very simple.

amigos.png

okay I like this idea but this is not done very well. I dont like that the ball on the primary is 2-D and flat while the hat is 3 dimensional. 2nd I dont like how the hat is just thrown on top of the "A" logo. its very messy. I think there are better ways of branding a team named the Amigos than bringing back what they have and just making minor changes. keep this going though, I think it'd be a really cool project to see.

lrg_6444e0b331f54e979d389637de158186.jpg

The hat looks nice, you did a good job on that. But, like JayLo said it doesn't really work because the basketball is flat while the hat is 3-D. The colors do look great though, very unique. I am looking forward to more in this series, it should be fun to watch.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Thanks for the input.

So I tried fixing the primary, you guys made a very good point, I don't know why I left it 2-d. The Secondary did look sloppy, I'll admit, so I just removed the hat and went in a simpler, but better, direction I think.

Does this look a little bit better?

amigos2.png

much better on the 2nd go around A.

that being said, i can't help but want to see more modern approaches to the uni designs (like using the hat tassle design somehow, lol). could there be a way you could take this project to maybe attempt to bring the old ABA back into effect and replace the league that exists now?

keep rollin' though, i'll be tuning in for sure.

Archived