A Marc Okkonen sighting

Sodboy13

I'm assuming this is the same guy. And if it is, he's still doing things by hand, and doing them quite well.

50thlogookkonensm.jpg

Story

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Kinda disappointed that this wasn't about filling the stands at a Flint Generals game with paper cutouts of men.

I say give that 'til January. Either that, or they'll just paint rows of people on the back walls, like the first couple seasons of American Gladiators.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I have been in constant contact with Mr. Okkonen over the past couple of months because I am doing a continuation of his book. I didn't realize he was still drawing stuff. Good for him.

Excellent to hear. His book is the only resource I have used for my hat collection. Your concepts have been great, so I can only expect the same quality. Glad hear someone picked up the ball on this. Look forward to getting a copy.

Archived