OTAC Logo

CreamSoda

Perhaps this should go in the General Design forum, but I'll comment here anyway.

I checked out their current website and logo, so you've already made a huge improvement. However, I think what you've got at the minute is far too complicated and could do with a rethink. I think you're approaching this in with too much of a "sports logo" mindset, and the Colorado imagery needs to be toned down. I think the important thing here would be the Occupational Therapy, and not the regional affiliation.

I'd try something really simple to start, find a killer typeface that represents the kind of image the organisation wants to show (I have no idea about occupational therapy, maybe it needs to be modern and clean, maybe warm and welcoming). Have a look at the logos of similar organisations and see if there's anything to point you in the right direction. Then go about adding the Colorado connection through subtle use of colour or logo. At the minute it's all just too loud and muddled. I do like the "wave" effect though, perhaps you could inorporate this into something different. Again though, think occupational therapy, not sports or regionality.

Other things you might want to change are the white outline, the corners are rounded off which just doesn't look right to me. Also think about how this would work on a white background (for letterheads and such) as at the minute I don't think it would.

Thanks for the reply. I tried getting them to tell me what they wanted to convey but they never really answered... Just that they wanted it to represent Colorado.

I have some other designs I submitted to them as well.

Like this one:

otac3.jpg

Archived