Uniform Renderings

Brave-Bird 08

I was unsure whether or not to put this in the concept forum or not, but since it is not a "concept" I'm posting here. For those who had noticed I have gotten to the end of an NCAA redesign which was the bulk of my first project on inkscape.

Now that I've been doing this design thing for a few months now, I wanted to test my skills on replicating and creating the most realistic renderings possible. I noticed things like stitching and mesh, as well as fine details were something I did not emphasize in my first series.

I have been tinkering with replicating the Falcons home uniform for the past few days. Now, I got nearly to the end... I need to add the "Riddell" wordmark to the helmet bumper, and an NFL logo on the back of the helmet...unfortunately inkscape has been having some "internal errors" and will not work at the moment (it literally froze at the near end completion of this).

But anyways, I saw the uniform diagrams on the website and it inspired me to do my own batch (just for the fun of it!). I really just want your opinions on how authentic everything looks. Hopefully you can compare this to my college football concepts and see improvement. Of course scottysprings gets a load of credit for creating the awesome template.

**One of the questions I want answered involves the sleeve logos. Notice how I basically scrunched them down so I could fit them on the template. I want to know how to cut those objects so that I can run them off the edges instead of squeezing them in, but after a good hour still could not figure it out. Any help?

home.png

I was unsure whether or not to put this in the concept forum or not, but since it is not a "concept" I'm posting here. For those who had noticed I have gotten to the end of an NCAA redesign which was the bulk of my first project on inkscape.

Now that I've been doing this design thing for a few months now, I wanted to test my skills on replicating and creating the most realistic renderings possible. I noticed things like stitching and mesh, as well as fine details were something I did not emphasize in my first series.

I have been tinkering with replicating the Falcons home uniform for the past few days. Now, I got nearly to the end... I need to add the "Riddell" wordmark to the helmet bumper, and an NFL logo on the back of the helmet...unfortunately inkscape has been having some "internal errors" and will not work at the moment (it literally froze at the near end completion of this).

But anyways, I saw the uniform diagrams on the website and it inspired me to do my own batch (just for the fun of it!). I really just want your opinions on how authentic everything looks. Hopefully you can compare this to my college football concepts and see improvement. Of course scottysprings gets a load of credit for creating the awesome template.

**One of the questions I want answered involves the sleeve logos. Notice how I basically scrunched them down so I could fit them on the template. I want to know how to cut those objects so that I can run them off the edges instead of squeezing them in, but after a good hour still could not figure it out. Any help?

home.png

Cropping the logo on the sleeve is gonna depend on what software you are using I would think. In Illustrator I'd size the logo appropriately then copy the sleeve shape and create a clipping mask that way anything outside of the sleeve shape would be masked off. I've never used Inkscape but to be honest I'd be really really surprised if it didn't have a very similar function.

A quick search on google for Clipping masks combined with the software of your choice should I would think solve this problem for you fairly quickly.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

home.png

Cropping the logo on the sleeve is gonna depend on what software you are using I would think. In Illustrator I'd size the logo appropriately then copy the sleeve shape and create a clipping mask that way anything outside of the sleeve shape would be masked off. I've never used Inkscape but to be honest I'd be really really surprised if it didn't have a very similar function.

A quick search on google for Clipping masks combined with the software of your choice should I would think solve this problem for you fairly quickly.

9erssteve

I even tried that. Not a lot of information on it. Hopefully someone knows, but I think I could have posted this in the request forum..

Sorry guys!

Archived