af2 becoming af1

CubsFanBudMan

Our friend Reppact has the new "arena football 1" logo up on ArenaFan:

arena football 1 logo

It's probably safe to post here. It's on the trademark site and several TV newscasts used it and other news outlets have it up, but just in case...

As far as the logo, I don't think the "1" works, but I don't think they wanted it to, preferring to be just "arena football." But some of the AFL teams still want to play in 2011 and aren't too happy about their former minor league repositioning itself as the top league.

arena football 1 logo

It's probably safe to post here. It's on the trademark site and several TV newscasts used it and other news outlets have it up, but just in case...

As far as the logo, I don't think the "1" works, but I don't think they wanted it to, preferring to be just "arena football." But some of the AFL teams still want to play in 2011 and aren't too happy about their former minor league repositioning itself as the top league.

So... whats stoppin' them from joining the new league?

Hopefully the "new" AFL learns from its mistakes and doesn't try to compete with the established major leagues this time.

As far as the logo... meh...

arena football 1 logo

So... whats stoppin' them from joining the new league?

No kidding, but they probably look at it as inferior. Smart thing to do would be to have whatever former AFL teams play in the new AF1 league.

Archived