Draw Brawl 2009 Challenge 5 Voting

Davidson

Having seen the results reminded me I was gonna do a quite commentary on my votes once the poll had closed, so here we go.

In tier 1, I went for the Usain Bolt thing, partly because it seemed the most adaptable, and the easiest from a glance to see who it was for. True, perhaps the art would need cleaning up a touch, but the way the lightning bolt made the U I thought was quite neat.

The Roethlisberger logo came in second for me, again I thought it was easily identifiable as Roethlisberger's, and had some good links to Pittsburgh thrown in.

Thrid place went to the Tim Janus set, it made me laugh and was an enjoyable little design.

Those missing out- the Ovechkin set, whilst withdrawn, to a casual hockey fan, wasn't as easily identifiable with its athlete. Same goes for the Harrington set, although I liked the idea behind the Harrington set, he isn't the only Irish golfer, and nothing about that branding, to me, was especially Harringtonesque. (Maybe putting something to do with his major wins in there, or incorporating a PH monogram somewhere would have helped).

The Rambis set, to me the Rambis wordmark didn't say Rambis quite clearly enough at first glance, I had to look at it a second or third time to work it out.

The Longoria set was ok, but not stunningly original.

In tier 2, this was close, but for me the Daly set didn't use the Logo well enough, for instance the golf shirts were really just brightly colored golf shirts. Nothing about it necesarily screamed 'John Daly' (aren't all golfers to a greater or lesser extent known for bad dress sense??)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived