trumatch # for athletic gold?

BrandMooreArt

Trumatch colors aren't real diverse...most four-color process colors aren't to be honest. Here's a Yellow that MIGHT work:

TRM_11-a1.png

I performed a number of matches (I created a utility to do this), against PMS 136 C and PMS 1235 C, and there really isn't anything very close.

thanks guys.

colorwerx, i guess if thats the closest thing to athletic gold that trumatch has ill just go with pantone 1235. its a bit more orange

im doing a logo right now that i was hoping to use a TRUMATCH color for the first time because its supposed to be "the same color every time" whenever used but does anyone have any experience with the trumatch colors? any better than using the pantone books on various prints or digital applications?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

thanks guys.

colorwerx, i guess if thats the closest thing to athletic gold that trumatch has ill just go with pantone 1235. its a bit more orange

im doing a logo right now that i was hoping to use a TRUMATCH color for the first time because its supposed to be "the same color every time" whenever used but does anyone have any experience with the trumatch colors? any better than using the pantone books on various prints or digital applications?

I'd look into using the PANTONE Goe System...since it's the new kid on the block, and contains almost twice as many colors as PMS (and TruMatch for that matter).

I happen to know for a fact that Pantone intends on having Goe replace PMS in the future anyway - I got that from a Pantone employee.

There are a lot of possibilities for matching an "athletic gold" in the Goe System...here are three examples:

GOE_3-1-6_C_SRGB.pngGOE_4-1-5_C_SRGB.pngGOE_5-1-5_C_SRGB.png

Archived