The Pro Bowl- a vision of the future

Saintsfan

I went to the Pro Bowl, I enjoyed it, but it could be done better. My dad and I both said it seemed to be missing something. Seems like they cut back a bit on the NFL Fan Experience as well. So, yes I had fun, but I won't shell out $100 for that again.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a bit of a question about the strength of the rosters this year. Why were they thin? Were they worse than usual? Why were players more prepared to play the week after the Superbowl but not the week before?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I saw two plays while flipping channels: a field goal where the D-linemen simply stood up and raised their hands (no rush at all), and an Aaron Rodgers TD pass where had the left defensive end given even a Pop Warner effort he would have crushed Rodgers but instead he stood there and let him throw the pass. What a joke.

At least there was some humor...on the FG, you could hear one of the players yell, "Miss it!" That was about as much resistance as the offenses got I suppose. B)

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I have a bit of a question about the strength of the rosters this year. Why were they thin? Were they worse than usual? Why were players more prepared to play the week after the Superbowl but not the week before?

Well 14 players that were named couldn't play due to the Super Bowl, so that means that 14 alternates had to go, plus, some players claimed injury as an excuse to get out, while some (Sheldon Brown for example) just flat out said they weren't interested. So you get mediocre players masquerading as all-stars. Another reason why it needs to just stop.

I saw two plays while flipping channels: a field goal where the D-linemen simply stood up and raised their hands (no rush at all), and an Aaron Rodgers TD pass where had the left defensive end given even a Pop Warner effort he would have crushed Rodgers but instead he stood there and let him throw the pass. What a joke.

At least there was some humor...on the FG, you could hear one of the players yell, "Miss it!" That was about as much resistance as the offenses got I suppose. cool.gif

I'm pretty sure the "no pass rush on special teams" thing is an actual rule. Not sure if it's to prevent injury, or to protect the kickers, or what. Maybe because a blocking unit for kicks / punts takes more than a couple of practices to get it down? Not sure.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived