The Pro Bowl- a vision of the future

Saintsfan

How to fix:

1. Announce the pro bowl rosters, have it be a combo vote of players, coaches, fans, and the media.

2. Keep it in Hawaii, that way there's still an incentive/reward for the players to attend and celebrate, whereas Miami's somewhere where they travel to play there anyway.

3. Forget the game altogether. Just have a really, really badass skills challenge, which MANY more people would actually care about and be entertained by on television, which is what they're going for anyway.

as I said earlier, these guys can go to Hawaii (or any other exotic location) any time they want to. They're not busting their ass in the season thinking "if I play really well and get two more sacks, I'll get that free trip to hawaii" when they're already making millions. They do not care about the trip.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like many people, come April, May, June I really start having withdrawls for NFL football.

I get so intense about the draft, I'd like to see the Pro Bowl then...it would give guys a time to rest.

Just wondering, how does one go about "getting intense" for the draft?

Right around the draft is when I'm at my most intense, too. I do three, maybe four mocks a day. My Big Board is pretty extreme.

So you sit at your computer with furrowed brow and gritted teeth or something? Is your "big board" an actual board? Do you have a giant cork board or something with index cards etc? Or is the "big board" a figure of speech? What separates an "extreme big board" from a regular one? How long does it take to do "four mocks a day?" Are you doing all 7 rounds with all 32 teams?

No offense fellas but this is cracking me up. To each his own I guess.

I was just joking around. You know, playing off your comment.

Flew right over my head.

Nah, I guess when I wrote that, I was thinking of it being said in my best Jersey Shore meathead voice. Which apparently doesn't translate

What were they thinking by moving this game before the Super Bowl? What's with all the watered-down talent out there like David Garrard? Why aren't Rex Ryan and Brad Childress coaching? Why am I watching this? :wacko:

6uXNWAo.png

At least London Fletcher got to play in a Pro Bowl.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What the :censored: was that Dawkins and co.?! THIS ENDS. NOW!!!!

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Do we really need a starting fullback in the Pro Bowl? How many teams even carry fullbacks still??

All of them.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Really, how does Vince Young and David Garrard get in over Roethlisberger? Escpeially David Garrard. Ugh.

Roethlisberger opted out because of injury.

The roster I just went over (Yahoo Sports) doesn't have him listed alongside Manning, Rivers and Brady, so I just assumed.

6uXNWAo.png

Really, how does Vince Young and David Garrard get in over Roethlisberger? Escpeially David Garrard. Ugh.

Roethlisberger opted out because of injury.

The roster I just went over (Yahoo Sports) doesn't have him listed alongside Manning, Rivers and Brady, so I just assumed.

Those three were originally named to the roster. Big Ben turned down the chance to play without ever officially being named to the roster.

IUe6Hvh.png

Why does Asante Samuel hate fun?

Today, we are all otaku.

Johnnie Knox is a Pro Bowler. Yeah, moving this game was a dumb idea.

He replaced Percy Harvin as the return man, there really wasnt anyone else.....Lucky him?

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

What were they thinking by moving this game before the Super Bowl? What's with all the watered-down talent out there like David Garrard? Why aren't Rex Ryan and Brad Childress coaching? Why am I watching this? :wacko:

Had they played it a week after the Super Bowl this year it would have been on the same day as the Winter Olympics, NBA All-Star Game at Cowboys Stadium and the Daytona 500, it will be back in Hawaii next year.

Ok I thought this may be a good idea, but its awful. Put the game back in Hawaii after the Super Bowl.

I agree. Move it back where it belongs, the week following the Super Bowl. However, instead of playing it in Hawaii or at the Super Bowl site, play the Pro Bowl in foreign cities like London and Tokyo so the NFL doesn't have to play regular season games outside United States.

6uXNWAo.png

Ok I thought this may be a good idea, but its awful. Put the game back in Hawaii after the Super Bowl.

I agree. Move it back where it belongs, the week following the Super Bowl. However, instead of playing it in Hawaii or at the Super Bowl site, play the Pro Bowl in foreign cities like London and Tokyo so the NFL doesn't have to play regular season games outside United States.

There is absolutely no way this thing moves out of the country. Canada maybe but you can forget London or Tokyo. The player's union would never agree to it. Not to mention the fact that if you think the talent level is bad now, just imagine how many players would bow out if they had to go to Europe just to play in the game. I can see it now... "Ladies and Gentlemen your starting quarterback for The AFC...Brady Quinn!" "And starting at quarterback for the NFC...Jake Delhomme!!!"

Isn't it bad enough that Matt Schaub and David Garrard were "pro bowlers" this season? That's the equivalent of Jeremy Sowers and Jeff Suppan being named the starting pitchers for The All-Star game. When the NFL's "all-star" game can't manage to get it's actual stars to play in the game maybe it's time to admit defeat and move on. How about we just put the game out of it's misery?

BB52Big.jpg

Archived