Infrared41's Who Am I?

infrared41

1. I ended my career as a hall of famer with three Super Bowl appearances but I started it as an undrafted free agent in San Diego.

2. My little brother played 12 seasons with The Steelers yet he never appeared in a Super Bowl.

3. In 1999 Sporting News named me one of the 100 greatest football players ever and I am a member of The Florida High School all century team.

4. I have coached both college and professional football but I have not coached in The NFL.

5. Ray Nitschke, a team mate of mine, and I have something in common in our listings in The Hall of Fame. Considering the listing, it's odd that a team mate would share it with me.

Who Am I?

Bonus nothing for explaining the "odd" part about the team mate.

BB52Big.jpg

this is a hard one. I'm trying to cheat and I can't find the answer.

One of the clues is a huge give away. Actually two of the clues are dead giveaways once you see where they lead you. You have to read the questions closely. Sometimes the answer is right in front of you.

And I expect internet cheating. "Who Am I" requires a little research sometimes.

BB52Big.jpg

Larry Little

Brian in Boston wins...well nothing. Larry Little is who we were looking for.

Larry_Little.jpg

3 time Super Bowl participant. Two rings. Traded from San Diego to Miami in 1969. Coached college football at his alma mater Bethune-Cookman, North Carolina Central University, and he was the head coach of The Ohio Glory in the World League of American Football. His brother David played for the Steelers from 1981-1992. The odd thing about his HOF listing is in the listings by jersey numbers. Little, Nitschke, and Buoniconti are all listed as wearing #66. The odd thing was that Buoniconti was Little's team mate but he wore 66 before he came to Miami. (yeah it's a stretch.)

As I said to McCarthy, sometimes the answer is right in front of you. I really thought "little brother" was a dead giveaway.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived