Pics of the new Kentucky uni

omnibus

As an alum and being born, bread and baptized in Lexington, I HATE THE GREY.

Blue/White is that sooo hard? Its not like it is even an accent that shows up well. I serves no purpose other than to torment me!

It's a great contrast. It's doing exactly what it was intended to do, provide visual contrast, without showing up and taking over.

It's a piss poor contrast that is unneeded and forced.

Just like your signature, right?

Blue/White is that sooo hard? Its not like it is even an accent that shows up well. I serves no purpose other than to torment me!

It's a great contrast. It's doing exactly what it was intended to do, provide visual contrast, without showing up and taking over.

It's a piss poor contrast that is unneeded and forced.

Just like your signature, right?

Yes, omnibus, the only point of the gray is to torment you personally.

As the brother of a die-hard UK fan (my older brother was born there, only one in our family not born in Cape Girardeau, MO) and a rather big fan myself, after Mizzou of course, I like the nicely and lightly used gray in the Kentucky set. With their nice clean blue and white, it gives it just enough to make it a top-tier look. A million times better than unnecessarily adding black to a blue and white set just for the sake of it. And also, I think these are better than the previous SOD set they've been wearing up to this point. Much simpler and cleaner.

Exactly, visual contrast without showing up and taking over. Perfectly worded there. Black would be god awful. I know it will happen sometime though. I figured it would be incorporated this time but we got lucky. They wore the special black jerseys last year to mourn Mr. Wildcat, Coach Kightly and I was fine with that. However they broke them out and wore them during the NIT which i didn't understand. Hopefully it was to signify the death of Gillispie's career and we'll never see them again in Lexington.

If we were to wear an alternate, i would hope that it would be similar to the grey/silver one we wore in 2002. I can't find a picture from the game but they looked like this:

http://kentuckywildcats.teamcaps.com/item13868.Nike-Kentucky-Wildcats-3-Rex-Chapman-Silver-Twill.html

52803.jpg

My buddy actually has a replica number #1 jersey in this style. Its pretty cool.

Archived