The nhl concept time-machine...

Frylock

YzerFan19 -- Glad that I was able to get that Barons jersey closer to what you were thinking and that you like it!  :)

Wow, I had no idea about the Americans logo.  I have modified my post to properly acknowledge that the logo originally came from your site.

NYMets920 -- Hmm...  I wonder why you'd say that?  :D

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

I have modified my post to properly acknowledge that the logo originally came from your site.

Thanks.  Not trying to hijack your thread, but if I might rant for a minute...  The method of crediting that LogoServer uses really pisses me off.  There's no way of telling what logos came from where, and (as far as I can tell) you can only get to the credits page from their home page.  Thanks to finding this out, I'm increasing security on my site and attempting to stop my logos from being copied.  Anything I've vectorized I'll make available through the SLE.

Anyway...  A Brooklyn Americans one could go a couple ways.  Do you use the shield logo or the diagonal "Brooklyn" that they actually used?  I'd really like to see a dark version of the diagonal text one, since they only had a white one back then.

Anyway...  A Brooklyn Americans one could go a couple ways.  Do you use the shield logo or the diagonal "Brooklyn" that they actually used?  I'd really like to see a dark version of the diagonal text one, since they only had a white one back then.

YzerFan, you're right about LogoServer.  I never really noticed that before.  Good points.

As for the Brooklyn Americans, I did two jerseys.  One was a somewhat modified and modernized version of their diagonal text jersey, and one uses the shield for a crest.

But I found an interesting discrepancy with the "text" jersey.  The one pictured on NHLuniforms.com and the one for sale through Stall & Dean (formerly Ebbets Field Flannels) are slightly different.  But for my concept, I went with the Stall & Dean version, simply because I like the waist striping better...   :cool:

FYI, the shield jersey does use cream, or off-white, for the base color.

Brooklyn Americans 1941 style road jersey concept

Brooklyn Americans shield crest home jersey concept

Template and resources courtesy Roger Clemente, Americans shield crest courtesy DetroitHockey.net.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Archived